Muchelney Priest's House
Muchelney Priest's House
The Priest's House was built in 1308 by the monks of Muchelney Abbey to provide a residence for the parish priest of Muchelney village. The house stands immediately opposite the parish church, and only a few steps from the abbey grounds. The house is owned by the National Trust but let to tenants. It is open at regular times throughout the year; check current opening times at the National Trust website.
The house is beautifully maintained, and features a thatched roof, Gothic doorway, large medieval fireplace, and traceried windows.

The ruins of Muchelney Abbey (English Heritage) are only a few steps away. The parish church of Muchelney features a beautifully painted Jacobean ceiling.