Goodnestone, St Bartholomew's Church
Goodnestone, St Bartholomew's Church
A small Norman church looking out over the stately home and garden of Goodnestone Court. The church dates to about 1100, but the porch was rebuilt after an earthquake in 1837.
The most interesting historic features of the church include two medieval piscinae, an Easter Sepulchre, and remains of a rood loft staircase. There are a pair of 16th century memorial brasses, and a Victorian font and stained glass.

The church is composed of a nave, small chancel, and timber bell turret at the west end. St Bartholomew's is no longer used for regular worship and is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust, who keep it open on a daily basis.