Heritage Traveller Best ArticlesPosted: 2010-12-11
Consider this a Heritage Traveller 'Greatest Hits'. Here you will find some of the best, the most popular, or simply the articles I've enjoyed writing most over the past few years of writing about the historic Britain that I love dearly. Looking back over some of my favourites, I'm struck by how many are simply articles about places I have visited and enjoyed, and want to share with others. I do hope you will enjoy reading about - and perhaps taking the time to visit - some of these wonderful places for yourself.
1. Lleyn Peninsula Top 10 Places to Visit - a wonderful scenic area tucked away in western Gwynedd
2. Secret Places - the Yorkshire Wolds - The wolds are largely bypassed by visitors heading to the Dales and Moors
3. Tickencote Norman church - one of the finest and most enjoyable Norman churches in Britain
4. Orkney Venus - The Orkneys are an archaeologists playground. Here's news of a major find
5. Young Archaeologists Club - get your young one involved in learning about history
6. Suffolk Woodwoses - Poke your nose into a Suffolk church and you might find one of these odd medieval figures
7. Eden Valley - Away from the bustle of the Lake District is this quiet area of outstanding beauty
8. Canterbury Historic Highlights - My favourite historic city
9. Oxford Travel Tips - My favourite historic city in Britain. Oh, wait, have I said that already?
10. Best UK Tourist Board Websites - Planning a trip? You can do worse than start here
11. 10 Best Stone Circles in Britain - From world famous sites to unknown historic marvels
12. Top 10 UK Villages - You can have the bustle of cities; I'll take a smal village like one of these gems!
13. 25 Best British Castles - I love medieval castles - here are my favourites
14. Brecon Beacons Waterfalls Walk - one of the most enjoyable circular walks in Britain
There's no special order to this list, in fact it was terribly difficult to pare it down to just the few listed here! I hope you enjoy looking over my shoulder.
<< Somerset Virtual Tour, Somerset Travel Guide - British Heritage Awards 2010 >>