Catton Hall
Catton Hall
An attractive Georgian manor house of red brick, set in parkland beside the River Trent. Catton has been the home of the Nelson family since 1405, but the current house was designed by James Wyatt and built by Smith of Warwick in 1742. The house remains almost unchanged from that time, and is beautifully furnished with fine art and period furniture.
Beside the house is a richly decorated private chapel, built in 1890 to replace a medieval one. The chapel incorporates a Norman font, and stained glass windows by Kemp. There asre herbaceous borders to the rear of the house, and a formal garden to the front, which gives onto parkland. Private tours of the house with the owners as hosts can be arranged.