Little Cawthorpe, St Helen's Church
Little Cawthorpe, St Helen's Church
A charmingly simple Victorian Gothic church, built of colourful brick and stone in 1861. The building consists of only a small nave, even smaller chancel, south porch, and an elegant little wooden spire.
In the Victorian period St Helens was lauded as a perfect example of what a modest parish church should be. The interior is lavishly lit with richly coloured stained glass, and the design emulates a 14th century Gothic building. The church was declared redundant in 1996. It is no longer used for regular worship and is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.