Pottergate
Pottergate

One of only two remaining medieval gates giving access to the cathedral close  surrounding Lincoln Cathedral (the other being Exchequer Gate).  Potter Gate was restored in 1884, and now stands on a traffic island at the bottom of Pottergate, where the road meets Wragby Road, Lindum Road, and Lindum Terrace. It consiste of a single high arch with an upper story above, surmounted by battlements.