A lovely Georgian townhouse that was formerly the home of the Llangattock family and later as the offices for the Monmouthshire Beacon newspaper. The house is of red brick with whitewashed stone dressing. It stands three storeys high, including attics.
Cornwall House dates to the 17th century, though it may incoporate bits of older buidings. The facade facing onto the gardens was built in 1752 in Queen Anne style. By contrast, the front facade, facing onto Monmow Street, is in elegant Georgian style. Many features of the original interiors are intact, including the staircase. Behind the house is a lovely small garden containing the original walled kitchen garden.