Cregrina, St David Church
Cregrina, St David Church
St David's is a very simple rural church on a site overlooking the River Edw. The church has a 13th century nave, 15th century roof, a late medieval wooden screen, and a Norman tub font.
We do not know exactly when St David's church was built, but it was mentioned in a 1291 document detailing church taxation. The presence of a simple Norman tub font suggets an early medieval date, but the font is the only relic of the Norman period to survive. It is rather crudely carved, looking somewhat like a truncated chalice, without any obvious decoration on the exterior of the bowl.

The other major historical feature is the late medieval wooden chancel screen, similar in style to other screens around Radnorshire. There are three panels on either side of a central opening, with trefoil tracery in each panel. On the north wall of the chancel are fragmentary remains of a wallpainting that may represent the Ren Commandments.

The nave roof is 15th century, though with obvious early 20th century restoration.

The church was heavily restored in 1903 and in the process any other historic features were lost. There is only one notable memorial, a mural tablet in the chancel dated to 1822. In the churchyard are several table tombs, with the earliest known date of 1777.