Cadw calls the Tregwehelydd Standing Stone 'fragmentary'. That's pretty accurate; the stone has been broken into three large chunks which have since been reassembled and bound together with iron straps and set in a concrete base to allow it to stand once more.
The restored stone stands on a low hill overlooking the River Alaw. The total height is 2.6m (just under 8 feet) and 0.9m wide by 0.76m thick. Another stone lies about 10 feet away. It seems likely that this second stone once stood upright and formed a pair with the Tregwehelydd stone. The stone is probably of Bronze age date, erected sometime between 2000 and 1500 BCE, and likely was intended as a form of ritual observance.