Self Catering in Gwent - Chepstow
Areas: Monmouthshire, Gwent
Orchard Cottage (Monmouthshire)
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £357.00
In a peaceful Wye Valley hamlet near Chepstow, this hidden retreat enjoys far-reaching views towards the Black Mountains. Recently renovated to a high standard, the cottage is extremely comfortable and ideal for exploring the beautiful border countryside.
Orchard Cottage is situated in the rural location of Penterry, a peaceful Wye Valley hamlet steeped in history, yet within 10 minutes drive of the M4. A hidden sanctuary enjoying glorious, far-reaching views towards the Black Mountains from its prominent hillside position, and being an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, gives easy access to lovely footpaths and bridleways, providing a haven for walkers and birdwatchers. The cottage is extremely comfortable and creates a perfect setting from which to discover the fascinating heritage of this beautiful border countryside.
Also available to book at this location is Anne's Hut (sleeping 2 guests).
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom and one bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- An unenclosed flagstone sun terrace with lovely views.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- Please note the access road to the property is unsuitable for low cars.
- One small well behaved dog is welcome (small additional charge). The owner of the property does have dogs, so we kindly ask that your dog is friendly towards others.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Bosch conventional/microwave oven with halogen hob, fridge with freezer compartment, small dishwasher.
- Use of washing machine/tumble dryer.
- TV, DVD, radio/tape/CD player.
- Garden furniture and small, charcoal barbecue.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Chepstow area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Tintern Abbey - 1.4 miles (Abbey)
Veddw House Garden - 1.7 miles (Garden)
Chepstow Museum - 3 miles (Museum)
Chepstow Castle - 3 miles (Castle)
Chepstow Priory - 3.1 miles (Abbey)
Chepstow Port Wall - 3.3 miles (Historic Building)
Chepstow, Bulwark Camp - 3.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Harold's Stones - Stone Row - 4.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Gaer Llwyd Chambered Tomb - 4.4 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Runston Chapel - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.