Self Catering in West Sussex - Amberley
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £381.00
This fine terraced cottage lies in the picturesque village of Amberley, widely regarded as one of the most beautiful villages in England. Situated at the foot of the South Downs, it lies within the newly created South Downs National Park.
The village has wonderful views of the Amberley Wildbrooks nature reserve, a Site of Special Scientific Interest on the flood plain of the River Arun, where cattle graze amongst the migrating birds. Amberley has many historic buildings and thatched cottages and is just a three minute walk to the 900 year old church which adjoins the 11th century Amberley Castle, now a renowned hotel set in stunning grounds with superb dining (booking is advised). The village also has a tearoom (seasonal), a pottery and local shop with a post office.
There are two local pubs within a three minute drive.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests, please note, the property is more suited to two adults and two children.
- Two bedrooms (a pull out truckle bed can be found in the single bedroom), one en-suite shower room and one bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Fully enclosed rear garden with patio.
- There is a pond in the garden which is unfenced and there is also a drop behind the wall at the end of the garden, please ensure that children are supervised at all times.
- Guests with mobility difficulties and toddlers, please be aware of steep stairs.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer.
- TV, DVD, CD player and iPod docking station.
- High chair available on request.
- Barbecue and garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Baby Welcome
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Amberley area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Amberley Museum & Heritage Centre - 0.5 miles (Museum)
North Stoke, St Mary's Church - 1.5 miles (Historic Church)
Parham House and Gardens - 2 miles (Historic House)
Parham, St Peter's Church - 2 miles (Historic Church)
RSPB Pulborough Brooks Nature Reserve - 2.7 miles (Countryside)
Bignor Roman Villa - 2.8 miles (Roman Site)
Arundel Wildfowl and Wetland Centre - 2.9 miles (Countryside)
Storrington and District Museum - 3.5 miles (Museum)
Arundel Museum - 3.7 miles (Museum)
Arundel Castle - 3.8 miles (Castle)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.