Self Catering in Strathclyde - Taynuilt
Areas: Argyll, Strathclyde
Port na Mine
Sleeps a maximum of: 12
Pricing From: £886.00
In the most idyllic setting is Port na Mine, a very special holiday home with breath-taking views of Loch Etive and Glencoe beyond and its very own track from the garden down to the shoreline. Five miles from this tranquil location is Taynuilt while Oban is only 15 miles away.
Sleeping twelve guests in six bedrooms with five bathrooms, this spacious home is beautifully situated for holidays with friends and family. A track from garden leads straight to the Loch shoreline where a stunning walk along the Loch awaits, as well as a boat jetty which is great for picnics in the sunshine. Behind the house is 30 acres of stunning landscape where ancient woodlands and rugged hills are waiting to be discovered.
Although Port na Mine boasts a secluded loch-side location many of Arygll's popular destinations are easily accessible. Sharing the forestry track that leads is to Port na Mine is the well-known Inverawe Smokehouse and Shop which has also a cafe, visitor centre and many trails and walks through the park's woods. The village of Taynuilt is just five miles away where local amenities include an excellent grocer, butchers, tea room and hotel with restaurant. The 9-hole Taynuilt Golf Club has wonderful views of Loch Etive while the Bonawe Iron Furnace is a popular local attraction. Slightly further afield is Oban which can be reached in approximately 30 minutes' drive where there is a good range of shops, restaurants and ferries to the Hebrides.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Two super king bedrooms with en-suites and one double bedroom with en-suite.
- Three twin bedrooms, one with en-suite.
- Family bathroom and separate shower room.
- Wood effect electric fire.
- Spacious fully enclosed garden.
- Ample parking.
- Access road to this property for the last mile is via a rough forestry track.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Direct access to the Loch via a track through the garden (please see Notes).
- Two oven AGA, electric oven and multifunction microwave.
- Large fridge and fridge with large freezer compartment.
- Dishwasher and combined washer/dryer.
- Two televisions with Freeview and DVD player.
- Digital radio, IPod docking station and charger.
- Selection of board games in the sitting room.
- Ordnance survey maps.
- Highchair and cots available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Fishing rods and mackerel lines available on request
- Guests with their own boats can use the track down to the Loch to launch from there.
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Taynuilt area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Bonawe Iron Furnace - 1.3 miles (Historic Building)
Ardchattan Priory - 3.7 miles (Abbey)
St Conan's Kirk - 6.6 miles (Historic Church)
Loch Awe - 7.1 miles (Countryside)
Kilchurn Castle - 7.3 miles (Castle)
Dunstaffnage Castle - 9.3 miles (Castle)
Castle Stalker - 10.3 miles (Castle)
McCaig's Tower - 10.4 miles (Historic Building)
Inveraray Castle - 15.1 miles (Historic House)
Inveraray Maritime Museum - 15.6 miles (Museum)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.