Self Catering in Gwent - Usk
Areas: Monmouthshire, Gwent
Sleeps a maximum of: 12
Pricing From: £1510.00
This fine mill is just north of the former market town of Usk in Monmouthshire. It was built in 1813 and fell into ruin before being lovingly restored some years ago to create a luxury self-catering holiday home.
Llancayo Windmill is a recently renovated luxury self-catering holiday retreat situated approximately two miles north of the former market town of Usk in Monmouthshire. The mill was built in 1813 and destroyed by fire around 1830 and until a few years ago had stood as a ruin.
Usk is conveniently located in the centre of Monmouthshire and the town itself has a castle, a rural life museum, the sessions house, a collection of old houses, a variety of restaurants, shops, public houses, hotels and other amenities associated with a vibrant rural town. Usk is also famous for its fishing and successes in the Wales in Bloom and Britain in Bloom competitions. Attractions in the area include the Brecon Beacons National Park.
This holiday at glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Six bedrooms, four en-suite shower rooms and one family bathroom over three floors.
- Enclosed garden and open balcony on the first floor.
- Onsite parking.
- One well behaved dog welcome (small additional charge), kept to the ground floor please.
- Due to the property being five storeys high, guests with mobility difficulties and parents of toddlers and young children should be aware of the many steps and the open balcony.
- Sorry, no stag or hen parties.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Gas underfloor heating.
- Electric effect wood burning stove.
- Five-ring gas range cooker, microwave, American fridge/freezer, two dishwashers, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TVs, DVDs, Freeview to all bedrooms, Satellite with full package (not multi room) available in the sitting room and dining room.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request (please bring your own cot linen). Two stairgates are provided on request, for installation by guests.
- Outdoor furniture and gas barbecue.
- Catering is available by separate arrangement.
- Fly Fishing is available on the nearby River Usk. Purchase a licence from Sweets the Fishing Tackle Shop in Usk tel no: 01291 672552.
- Sleeps: 12
- Bedrooms: 6
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Usk area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Usk Castle - 1.4 miles (Castle)
Usk, St Mary's Priory Church - 1.5 miles (Historic Church)
Usk Priory - 1.6 miles (Abbey)
Usk Roman Fortress - 1.7 miles (Roman Site)
Goetre, St Peter's Church - 3 miles (Historic Church)
Raglan Castle - 4.2 miles (Castle)
Llanover, St Bartholomew's Church - 4.4 miles (Historic Church)
Torfaen Museum - 5.3 miles (Museum)
Gaer Llwyd Chambered Tomb - 6.4 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Llantarnam Abbey - 7.1 miles (Abbey)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.