Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Snowshill
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Oat Hill Farmhouse (8 Guests)
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £1636.00
This imposing 17th Century farmhouse, with a wealth of character features and a large south-facing garden, was completely refurbished in 2012. Situated in Snowshill, a quintessential Cotswolds village, just five minutes drive from Broadway which benefits from an 18-hole golf course.
Less than a three minute walk away, the village boasts a popular pub, The Snowshill Arms. Within the village you will also find a church and its manor house with beautiful gardens and tea rooms which are administered by The National Trust. Or there is Snowshill Lavender Farm on the edge of the village where you can wander through the lavender fields with over 35 different varieties and then enjoy a stop in their tea rooms.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 8 guests.
- Four bedrooms.
- Three bathrooms, one shower room.
- Two open fireplaces including a huge inglenook in the kitchen.
- Large, pretty, tiered garden patio area for dining.
- Parking for eight vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Large family kitchen.
- Exposed beams.
- Some flag stoned floors and exposed stone walls.
- South and west facing summer house.
- The kitchen has a large range cooker, microwave, enormous American-style fridge freezer with ice maker, two dishwashers, wine fridge and large island work station.
- The TV room contains an internet-enabled 46 inch TV screen with HD Freeview. DVD.
- There is an external utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, additional fridge and plenty of space for drying walking clothes and boots.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Travel cot and high chair provided on request. (Several of the bedrooms are large enough to accommodate a travel cot).
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Broadway, 'The Jewel of the Cotswolds' is less than three miles away and boasts several excellent restaurants, tea rooms and shops.
- A short drive away you can explore the market towns of Chipping Campden, Moreton-in-Marsh and Stow-on-the-Wold, all of which are host to an abundance of lovely independent shops and delicious restaurants and pubs.
- Slightly further afield you will discover the town of Stratford-upon-Avon with its well renowned Royal Shakespeare Theatre.
- In the surrounding areas there are ample wonderful footpaths including the original start and finish of the Cotswold Way in Chipping Campden.
- For the sporting enthusiasts, there are several golf courses nearby along with National Hunt Racing at Cheltenham, Polo at Cirencester Park and Cricket at Worcester.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
- My Personal Sanctuary Spa
- Table Tennis
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Snowshill area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Snowshill, St Barnabas Church - 0 miles (Historic Church)
Snowshill Manor - 0.1 miles (Historic House)
Broadway, St Eadburgha's Church - 1.6 miles (Historic Church)
Buckland, St Michael - 1.7 miles (Historic Church)
Broadway Tower - 1.9 miles (Historic Building)
Stanway Watermill - 2.3 miles (Historic Building)
Stanway House & Baroque Water Gardens - 2.3 miles (Historic House)
Gordon Russell Museum - 3.1 miles (Museum)
Temple Guiting, St Mary's - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Farmcote, St Faith's Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.