Self Catering in Dorset - Dorchester
Blagdon Lower Barn
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £736.00
Lower Barn at Blagdon Farm sits south of Dorchester, just two miles from Martinstown and Portesham and offers stunning views of Hardy's monument. It is totally secluded and a network of footpaths and bridleways lead to a multitude of walks.
Blagdon Lower Barn is totally secluded and is accessed via a 400m long drive from the road. An ideal location for an outdoor break in the Dorset countryside with a network of footpaths and bridleways, running from the farm, leading to a multitude of walks and expansive views of the coast - the Monument Weymouth, Portland and almost all of Chesil Beach can be seen, a view of some 25 miles.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and one family bathroom.
- Wood-burning stove.
- Large garden with south facing patio.
- Ample onsite parking.
- Two well-behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- A kennel is provided outside so dogs can dry off from the muddy walks.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Stunning, secluded location.
- Deer and hares can be seen grazing in the garden and surrounding fields.
- Granite work surfaces.
- Underfloor Geo-thermal heating.
- Two integrated electric ovens, microwave, American style fridge/freezer with integrated ice maker, dishwasher.
- TV/DVD in all rooms.
- Travel cot, highchair and two stairgates are available on request.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Dorchester area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Hardy Monument - 0.9 miles (Historic Building)
The Nine Stones - 1.6 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Maiden Castle - 2.7 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Winterbourne Poor Lot Barrows - 2.7 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Kingston Russell Stone Circle - 3.1 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Abbotsbury Abbey - 3.5 miles (Abbey)
Abbotsbury Swannery - 3.5 miles (Family Attraction)
Abbotsbury, St Nicholas Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
St Catherine's Chapel - 4 miles (Historic Building)
Wolfeton House - 4 miles (Historic House)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.