Self Catering in Somerset - North Perrott
Sleeps a maximum of: 3
Pricing From: £349.00
Downclose Piggeries is a delightful single storey dwelling located along a quiet country lane, just a quarter of a mile outside the lovely Hamstone village of North Perrott on the Somerset/Dorset borders. A former Victorian Piggery, the property has been sympathetically converted to provide light and airy accommodation for up to three guests with fabulous views over the surrounding countryside.
Just 35 minutes from West Bay on the famous Jurassic Coast and 6 miles from the pretty Dorset town of Beaminster, the property is very well located. The property sits on Downclose Farm and guests are welcome to explore the farmland and beyond, into the magical bluebell woods. Eggs are available from the free range hens, lamb and beef is also available from the farm's grass raised beef and sheep.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps three guests.
- One double bedroom and one single bedroom.
- Large shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Parking for up to two vehicles.
- Walled patio area.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Children over 15 years are welcome.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
Additional Features and Equipment
- Beams in sitting room and main bedroom.
- Within walking distance of a good pub/restaurant.
- Fabulous views over fields and woodland.
- No steps to the property.
- Stable door from sitting room area to the former pig sty patio area with barbecue and garden furniture.
- Electric hob, oven, larder fridge, full size freezer, dishwasher and microwave, washing machine. Freeview smart television, DVD player, digital radio.
- Sleeps: 3
- Bedrooms: 2
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the North Perrott area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Lower Severalls Garden - 1.6 miles (Garden)
Clapton Mill - 4.1 miles (Historic Building)
Beaminster, St Mary's Church - 5 miles (Historic Church)
Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory - 5.1 miles (Abbey)
Montacute House - 5.1 miles (Historic House)
Seavington, St Mary's Church - 5.7 miles (Historic Church)
Mapperton Gardens - 6.2 miles (Garden)
Mapperton, All Saints Church - 6.2 miles (Historic Church)
Martock Treasurer's House - 6.2 miles (Historic Building)
East Lambrook Manor Garden - 6.5 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.