Self Catering in Dorset - South Perrott
The Old School (Dorset)
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £552.00
Keeping original features like the school bell, vaulted kitchen/dining room, Gothic arched doors and mullion windows, the cottage has been refurbished to a high standard. The property is on a quiet lane in the friendly village of South Perrott.
A charming stone and tiled holiday country cottage which used to be the village school. Keeping original features like the school bell, vaulted kitchen/dining room, Gothic arched doors and mullion windows, this luxury self catering cottage has been sympathetically refurbished to a high standard. This holiday rental is set on a quiet lane overlooking open countryside with a walled fully enclosed garden including a pond.
There is a Loggia open on two sides under tiled roof with timber decking, power and lighting connected for external dining.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five + one guests.
- Three bedrooms, one wet room and one family bathroom.
- Six guests can be accommodated by configuring the ground floor bedroom as a 6ft double bed. Please request when making your booking.
- Wood burning stove.
- Walled, fully enclosed garden including a pond - parents, please ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Parking for four vehicles.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog) kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Mullion windows, an original school bell, a vaulted kitchen/dining room and Gothic arched doors.
- Timber decking, power and lighting connected for external dining.
- Oil Aga, halogen hob and convection oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer in separate outside utility area.
- Plasma TV in sitting room and master bedroom. DVD player. Playstation 3.
TV and docking station in kitchen.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Located in South Perrott, a friendly village situated on the Somerset/Dorset border which supports an inn (100m) and Parish church.
- Nearby, there are plenty of places to visit, including the small market town of Crewkerne (less than 3 miles) with two supermarkets and a range of shops and services including a swimming pool.
- Mainline train services are from Crewkerne Station (two miles away) to Exeter and London Waterloo.
Travel time from London is approximately two and a half hours.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- My Personal Sanctuary Spa
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the South Perrott area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Lower Severalls Garden - 2.2 miles (Garden)
Clapton Mill - 3.4 miles (Historic Building)
Beaminster, St Mary's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Mapperton Gardens - 5.4 miles (Garden)
Mapperton, All Saints Church - 5.4 miles (Historic Church)
Seavington, St Mary's Church - 6 miles (Historic Church)
Stoke-sub-Hamdon Priory - 6.1 miles (Abbey)
Montacute House - 6.2 miles (Historic House)
Melplash, Christ Church - 6.4 miles (Historic Church)
Martock, All Saints' Church - 7.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Stay from: £415.00 - 2227.00
North Perrott, Somerset
Stay from: £349.00
Stay from: £291.00 - 1745.00
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.
UK Self Catering
England - Scotland - Wales
Devon - Cornwall - Lake District - Highlands - North Wales - South West Wales