Self Catering in Clwyd - Colwyn Bay
Areas: Conwy, Clwyd
Sleeps a maximum of: 7
Pricing From: £461.00
This lovely holiday house on the Bodnant Estate, sleeping seven, has been converted from a barn. It has a large enclosed garden and terrace and commands spectacular and panoramic views of the Carneddau mountains.
Ty Cerrig is one of eight luxury self-catering cottages on The Bodnant Estate near Conwy in North Wales. A perfect outdoor break, the Bodnant Estate is privately owned and this cottage lies off a woodland track from where there are glorious walks along private paths through woods and across farmland. The world famous Bodnant Garden owned by the National Trust, is central to the Estate and within one to two miles' walking distance from the properties and open 361 days a year.
The world famous garden is famed for its laburnum arch, Italiante terraces, waterfalls and National Collections of plants. This lovely holiday house sleeping seven, converted from a barn (in 2010), is set overlooking fields high above the Eglwysbach valley in Wales, and commands spectacular and panoramic views of the Carneddau mountains (Snowdonia National Park).
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps seven guests.
We do recommend that the property is more suited to six adults and one child due to the layout of the single bedroom.
- Four bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and two en-suite shower rooms.
- A wood burning stove.
- Large enclosed garden and terrace with spectacular views
- Ample parking.
- You can bring your dog to this cottage (small additional charge); due to nearby livestock, please keep your pet under careful control.
- Please note that access to the cottage is via a single lane country road and graded track across open fields.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Other properties on the estate are: Ty Ucha'r Ffordd, sleeping two guests, Ty Newydd, sleeping eight guests, Lletty, sleeping six guests, Lletty and Annexe, sleeping eight guests, Garth Iwrch, sleeping four guests, Bryn Rhydd, sleeping four guests, Tydden Derwen, sleeping five guests and Bryn Derw sleeping four guests.
- Under floor heating on the ground floor.
- Rangemaster gas hob and electric cooker, microwave, integrated fridge and separate fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV, freeview, DVD player, CD player and radio.
- Travel cot, high chair and stair gate available on request.
- Garden furniture and barbecue.
- Fishing permits available at Bodnant Garden Centre.
- Sleeps: 7
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Colwyn Bay area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Bodnant Garden - 0.6 miles (Garden)
Hendre Waelod Burial Chamber - 1.7 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Caerhun Roman Fort (Canovium) - 2.5 miles (Roman Site)
Conwy Castle - 3.4 miles (Castle)
Aberconwy Abbey - 3.4 miles (Abbey)
Conwy Suspension Bridge - 3.4 miles (Historic Building)
Teapot World (Teapot Museum) - 3.5 miles (Museum)
Aberconwy House - 3.5 miles (Historic House)
Plas Mawr - 3.5 miles (Historic House)
Conwy, St Mary's and All Saints Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.