Self Catering in East Sussex - Piddinghoe
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £443.00
The Lodge is a fine contemporary extension attached to an 18th century flint barn on the outskirts of Piddinghoe village. Situated on a private farm estate with amazing rural views, Brooks Lodge is the proud winner of a Sussex Heritage Award in 2013 and a Quality in Tourism, Five Star Gold Award in 2018.
Discover the breath-taking natural beauty of the South Downs, from Brooks Lodge at Chapel Barn. The Lodge is an architect and interior designed, contemporary extension attached to an 18th century flint barn on the outskirts of Piddinghoe village. It is situated on a private farm estate and has beautiful, rural views. The River Ouse is a stone's throw away and it meanders its way up the river valley towards the historic county town of Lewes about five miles away.
Brooks Lodge was completed in February 2012. The property won a Sussex Heritage Award in 2013 due to its well executed and interesting contemporary extension to the original flint barn. More recently in 2018, 'Quality in Tourism' awarded the property a Five Star Gold Award.
The use of sympathetic but modern materials produced an extraordinary dwelling, allowing the rural landscape to be visible from all the large windows. It has been designed to the utmost ecological requirements and is in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
The lodge sits comfortably in the rural landscape due to the use of the traditional materials of flint, slate and bricks.The property, whilst attached to the main dwelling, has its own private entrance and courtyard garden. Guests have mentioned that the property has an air of calm. Every room is generously proportioned with relaxing, elegant furniture. The master bedroom has french doors which open onto its own small deck with table and chairs. The deck overlooks the adjoining barn with its courtyard garden and pond. On the first floor the kitchen/dining room has large folding, sliding doors which opens the side of the house onto a large deck and upper lawn.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms on the ground floor and two wet rooms.
- Wood burning stove.
- Terraced garden.
- Ample parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Designed and built using sustainable materials. (Please see layout/equipment for further information).
- Natural oak floors with underfloor heating throughout.
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine.
- TV with freesat, DVD, digital radio, iPod docking station.
- Cot and high chair available on request.
- Barbecue and garden furniture.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Brooks Lodge is about three miles from the south coast, 11 miles from Brighton and within easy access of Eastbourne.
- The gateway to Europe from Newhaven Port is three miles with the railway station adjacent to the port. London Victoria is one hour by train. Alternatively there is a station in Lewes.
- The nearest pub is about three miles' walk along the riverside. Lewes and Kingston also have good pubs with great food, about six miles away.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- My Personal Sanctuary Spa
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Piddinghoe area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Newhaven Museum - 1 miles (Museum)
Monk's House - 2.3 miles (Historic Building)
Firle, St Peter's Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Firle Place - 3.6 miles (Historic House)
Newhaven Fort - 3.6 miles (Historic Building)
Glynde Place - 4.2 miles (Historic House)
Charleston - 4.3 miles (Historic House)
Anne of Cleves House - 4.5 miles (Historic Building)
Bull House - 4.6 miles (Historic Building)
Lewes Castle and Barbican House Museum - 4.7 miles (Castle)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.