Self Catering in East Sussex - Ripe
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £604.00
This beautiful country cottage situated in a secluded and peaceful setting boasts stunning rural views. The village of Ripe can be reached on foot while historic Lewes and the glorious Sussex coast are both in easy driving distance.
This beautiful detached country cottage situated in a secluded and peaceful setting boasts stunning rural views. Tastefully decorated throughout in a contemporary country style, Cherry Cottage is a warm and welcoming home from home. The property comprises of two spacious double bedrooms with integrated en-suites, one twin bedroom with two singles which can be joined to create a super king double bed on request and a family shower room.
The spacious sitting room and dining room are divided by a double sided wood burning stove, while the large kitchen with AGA range has a second dining table and chairs. French doors open on to lovely paved terrace with garden furniture. The final highlight of Cherry Cottage has to be the large enclosed garden with terraced areas and an array of interesting planting.
On Cherry Cottage's doorstep are numerous country walks to explore through fields and woodlands. The village of Ripe can also be reached on foot where you will find an excellent village shop which provides an abundance of fresh produce and selection of wines, a cafÃ© with homemade treats and a pop up pub. There's even a fish and chip van that visits the village on Thursdays! In easy driving distance of Cherry Cottage is the historic market town of Lewes, which offers restaurants, cafes, independent retailers, antique shops and a Farmers market on the first Saturday of every month.
The glorious Sussex coast can be reached in under half an hour's drive where breath-taking cliff top walks and stunning seascape views are waiting to be discovered. Being both family and dog friendly, Cherry Cottage really is an ideal rural escape for friends and family, with or without a four legged friend. Cherrystone Barn sleeping two guests, is also available to book at this location,
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- One super-king bedroom and one king-size double bedroom, both with integrated en-suite bathrooms.
- Twin bedroom with beds which can be joined on request and separate family shower room.
- Large enclosed garden with terraced areas.
- Double sided wood burning stove.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum three night stay.
- AGA, separate two ring electric hob and multifunction microwave.
- Combined fridge freezer, small fridge, and dishwasher.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Television with Sky TV in the kitchen and in the second bedroom
- Television with Sky TV, DVD player and CD player in sitting room.
- Digital radio.
- Two highchairs and two 'Baby Dan' travel cots (with extra mattresses) available on request.
- Fixed stairgates in situ.
- Garden table and chairs.
- Hire of a hot tub available on request, please contact the owner for details.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Ripe area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Charleston - 2.8 miles (Historic House)
Michelham Priory - 2.8 miles (Abbey)
Newhaven Fort - 3.3 miles (Historic Building)
Firle Place - 3.3 miles (Historic House)
Firle, St Peter's Church - 3.4 miles (Historic Church)
Glynde Place - 3.6 miles (Historic House)
Alfriston, St Andrew's Church - 4.7 miles (Historic Church)
Alfriston Clergy House - 4.8 miles (Historic Building)
Lewes Castle and Barbican House Museum - 6.1 miles (Castle)
Bull House - 6.3 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.