Self Catering in Isle of Wight - Niton
St Catherines Lighthouse
Isle of Wight
Sleeps a maximum of: 5
Pricing From: £408.00
This is the end cottage to the west on the St Catherine's Lighthouse site and offers accommodation for five guests. It features entrance hall, sitting room, dining room, fully fitted kitchen, bathroom, double bedroom, twin bedroom and single bedroom.
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats are pleased to present St Catherine's Lighthouse in Niton, on the Isle of Wight. St Catherine's Lighthouse is situated just outside the hamlet of Niton, approximately 10 minutes' drive from the popular coastal resort of Ventnor, the southernmost point of the Island. The site comprises a terrace of three self-catering former lighthouse keepers' cottages, Landward Cottage, sleeping 4 guests, Gurnard Cottage, sleeping five guests and Penda Cottage sleeping five guests.
There is an excellent real ale pub a 10-minute walk up the hill.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms and one bathroom plus further wc.
- Fully enclosed and private courtyard with a shared open grassed area.
- Parking, please see Notes.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
The ferries welcome dogs in the passenger lounges in dedicated areas and provide water bowls.
- The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
- Minimum stay of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- Electric effect wood burner, TV and CD player.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- There are guided tours of the lighthouse throughout the year (subject to availability). If you would like to view the lighthouse please click here or telephone 01983 730435.
- Also on this site is Gurnard Cottage, sleeping five guests and Landward Cottage, sleeping four guests.
- Within easy reach of the beach.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Niton area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
St Catherine's Oratory - 1.2 miles (Historic Building)
Ventnor Botanic Garden - 3.1 miles (Garden)
Appuldurcombe House - 4.1 miles (Historic House)
Godshill, All Saints Church - 4.4 miles (Historic Church)
Brighstone, St Mary's Church - 6.3 miles (Historic Church)
Arreton Manor - 7.4 miles (Historic Building)
Newport Roman Villa - 7.4 miles (Roman Site)
Arreton, St George's Church - 7.4 miles (Historic Church)
The Shipwreck Centre & Maritime Museum - 7.4 miles (Museum)
Carisbrooke Castle - 7.7 miles (Castle)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.