Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Bibury
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £392.00
Rosebank Barn is set in rolling countryside on the edge of the enchanting village of Ablington. The village is located on the River Coln and the popular tourist destination of Bibury once described by William Morris as 'the most beautiful village in the Cotswolds', is a pleasant one mile walk away.
This converted natural Cotswold stone barn lies on the edge of a quiet village within the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The South facing kitchen/breakfast room is bright and airy with oak beams, and twin large bi-fold doors providing easy access to the patio and walled garden; the open plan living and dining rooms have full height dual aspect. Completing this beautiful barn are two bedrooms, one double with en-suite and one twin, connected via a galleried landing with glass balustrades and views to the open plan ground floor.
Rosebank Barn is set in rolling countryside on the edge of the enchanting village of Ablington. Ablington has a fine 16th century manor house and was once the home of J Arthur Gibbs; the renowned author of 'A Cotswold Village'. Rosebank Barn is an ideal base for exploring Cotswold villages and towns, on foot, by bike or in the car. Located a short drive from Fairford, Cirencester, Bourton-on-the-Water and Cheltenham Spa and with easy access to the M4 and M5 motorways and trains via Kemble station. The barn is close to a number of noted wool churches, with Northleach, Cirencester, Fairford, Tetbury and Stow-on-the-Wold all worth visiting.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Master double bedroom with 5' bed and twin bedroom with 2'6 singles (can be converted to a 5' double on request).
- One en-suite bathroom and one ground floor shower room.
- Wood burning stove.
- Gated access to enclosed garden with patio and lawn with views over open countryside.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Parking for up to three cars.
- Minimum stay of two nights.
- Exquisite real stone floor with underfloor heating throughout the downstairs.
- Open plan living space with bi-fold doors opening onto patio and garden.
- Spacious vaulted ceiling oak beamed kitchen diner with island unit breakfast bar that seats four.
- Electric oven and hob, combined fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Three televisions with free satellite, DVD player, and digital radio.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Charcoal barbecue.
- Garden table and chairs seating four.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Just 1Â½ miles from Rosebank Barn is the charming village of Bibury with local attractions including Arlington Row, a row of weavers cottages built of local stone next to the River Coln, the Bibury Trout Farm and the Saxon Church of St. Mary.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Bibury area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Winson, St Michael's Church - 0.9 miles (Historic Church)
Bibury, St Mary's Church - 1.2 miles (Historic Church)
Coln Rogers Saxon Church - 1.5 miles (Historic Church)
Barnsley, St Mary's Church - 2.1 miles (Historic Church)
Coln St Dennis Church - 2.2 miles (Historic Church)
Barnsley House Garden - 2.3 miles (Garden)
Quenington, St. Swithin's Church - 3.4 miles (Historic Church)
Stowell, St Leonard's Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Ampney St Peter Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Ampney Crucis, Holy Rood Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.