Self Catering in Yorkshire - Coneysthorpe
Lime Kiln Farmhouse
Castle Howard Estate
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £552.00
This 18th century stone Farmhouse with its own private enclosed garden is situated in the Castle Howard Estate village of Coneysthorpe. Perfectly placed in rural North Yorkshire; the North York Moors National Park, Yorkshire Coast and medieval city of York are all easily accessible.
This pretty stone built 18th century farmhouse with views of Castle Howard is situated in the attractive rural Castle Howard estate village of Coneysthorpe with easy access onto the Centenary Way. Furnished and decorated by the late Lady Susan Howard with a unique blend of antiques and vintage pieces from Castle Howard itself and carefully chosen contemporary furnishings, the cottage is beautifully appointed. Downstairs comprises a living room with cosy wood burner, a second sitting room also with a wood burner, a well appointed and spacious kitchen/dining room, utility room, shower room/WC and a bedroom suitable for two children.
Upstairs two double bedrooms and two bathrooms complete the property. A picturesque garden includes a patio area with outdoor dining table and deck chairs and is the perfect place to relax after a day exploring the region. The delightful village of Coneysthorpe on the Castle Howard Estate sits at the heart of the Howardian Hills, a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Perfectly placed in rural North Yorkshire; the North York Moors National Park, Yorkshire Coast and medieval city of York are all easily accessible. Castle Howard, which is just a stone's throw from the village, is one of Britain's finest stately homes and was built in the 18th century by Sir John Vanbrugh. The nearby market town of Malton boasts an impressive array of independent food outlets, cafes, restaurants and shops with popular food markets taking place each month.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests (maximum four adults).
- Master bedroom with 6' zip and link bed and en-suite.
- Bedroom with 6' zip and link bed and family bathroom.
- Ground floor bedroom with bunk beds suitable for two children and shower room.
- Wood burning stoves in sitting room and snug.
- Picturesque enclosed garden and patio.
- Designated parking at the rear of the property.
- Children over 5 years welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs (small additional charge).
- Monday and Friday arrivals.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Entry passes to Castle Howard valid for the duration of your stay.
- Furnished with vintage pieces from Castle Howard and carefully chosen contemporary furnishings.
- Freestanding range cooker, microwave and combined fridge/freezer.
- Dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Nespresso machine.
- Smart TV and DVD player.
- Outdoor dining table and deck chairs.
- Initial wood supply provided in baskets by the wood burning stoves.
Additional logs/kindling available to purchase from the Castle Howard Garden Centre open 7 days/week. Delivery possible on request.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Coneysthorpe area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Castle Howard - 0.9 miles (Historic House)
Barton-le-Street, St Michael's Church - 1.9 miles (Historic Church)
Appleton-le-Street, All Saints Church - 2 miles (Historic Church)
Slingsby, All Saints Church - 2.3 miles (Historic Church)
Bulmer, St Martin's Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
Amotherby, St Helen's Church - 2.7 miles (Historic Church)
Hovingham Hall - 3.8 miles (Historic House)
Kirkham Priory - 3.9 miles (Abbey)
Hovingham, All Saints Church - 3.9 miles (Historic Church)
Crambe, St Michael's Church - 4.3 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.