Self Catering in Norfolk - North Tuddenham
The Old Rectory and Coach House
Sleeps a maximum of: 20
Pricing From: £2096.00
The Old Rectory stands in its own parkland near North Tuddenham. The poet William Cowper stayed in the original rectory, but the present building dates from 1852. With the Coach House next door, it accommodates up to 20 guests.
The Old Rectory and the Coach House are self catering holiday cottages which stand in their own parkland next to the church surrounded by open countryside, a mile from North Tuddenham in Norfolk. The original rectory dated from the 16th century and the poet William Cowper stayed here when he first came to Norfolk. It was replaced in 1852 by Rev Barry, younger brother of the architect of the Houses of Parliament, who designed it himself.
The holiday home has been refurbished to provide a luxury self catering venue for family gatherings. It is easily accessed from the A47, half a mile away. The Old Rectory is set in idyllic surroundings with grounds covering 12 acres.
There are large areas of lawn interspersed with mature shrubs and trees. The grounds also include a west facing terrace, ideal for summer barbecues, a pond (this has been fenced making it childproof), and a children's football area with two goals. The Old Rectory is an ideal outdoor holiday break with its own wood: a pathway marked by an avenue of yew trees which leads to clearings planted with bluebells, foxgloves and primroses and ideal picnic spots.
The Coach House is situated in a courtyard through original 10' high wrought iron gates.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps twenty guests.
- Seven bedrooms, one en-suite shower room, one family bathroom, one shower room and en-suite bathroom in The Old Rectory.
- Three bedrooms, one shower and one bathroom in The Coach House.
- Open fires.
- Lovely, lawned garden.
- Ample onsite parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Please note the seventh bedroom is accessed via a separate steep staircase from the utility room.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- The Old Rectory - original shutters and stripped wooden floors, large mullioned window and sweeping staircase in hall.
- Double range cooker, microwave, two fridges/freezers, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV, video, DVD and CD player. Payphone.
2 Travel cots, 2 highchairs and stairgate available on request.
- Private water supply.
- Garden furniture and gas barbecue.
- The Coach House - Oak floors, underfloor heating, additional dishwasher.
- TV, CD player.
- Games room with table tennis.
- Use of an all weather tennis court in the grounds.
- Clay pigeon shooting, game shooting and fishing is available by prior arrangement. Please call Mrs Jenne on 07803-891984.
- Extra children's guest beds available (at extra cost of £23.50 each).
- Sorry, no stag or hen parties.
Attractions and nearby amenities
- There is a pub in the village of North Tuddenham.
- There are riding stables nearby.
- Situated in the upspoilt rural centre of Norfolk, it is ideally located for exploring the coast (35 minutes' drive), the Broads (30 minutes) and the historic city of Norwich (20 minutes).
- Sleeps: 20
- Bedrooms: 10
- Games Room
- My Personal Sanctuary Spa
- Tennis Court
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the North Tuddenham area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Coston, St Michael's Church - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Little Witchingham, St Faith's Church - 5.8 miles (Historic Church)
North Elmham Bishop's Chapel - 6.8 miles (Historic Church)
Booton, St Michael the Archangel - 7.1 miles (Historic Church)
Brandiston, St Nicholas Church - 7.4 miles (Historic Church)
Wymondham Abbey - 7.8 miles (Abbey)
Wymondham Heritage Museum - 7.9 miles (Museum)
Salle, St Peter & St Paul Church - 8.1 miles (Historic Church)
Cawston, St Agnes Church - 8.3 miles (Historic Church)
East Bradenham, St Mary's Church - 8.4 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.