Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Nympsfield
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
Woodchester Park House
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £797.00
A beautiful wing of Woodchester Park House in Nympsfield near Stroud, this spacious house offers comfortable accommodation in a glorious and secluded setting. The garden abuts Woodchester Park, owned by the National Trust.
Bellhouse is a characterful, spacious rambling house with comfortable accommodation. It is located in a glorious, quiet and very secluded setting, with plenty of opportunities for long walks. The boundaries of the garden and woodland abut Woodchester Park, owned by the National Trust, and from the house it is possible to walk for miles without crossing a road, hearing a car or seeing more than a handful of people. Wildlife abounds around the five ornamental lakes which run through the Park. The Cotswold Way passes nearby.
The house itself forms the south-west wing of Woodchester Park House, a Grade II listed building. It dates back to the 1860's and retains many original features. Bellhouse's garden is both attractive and private. A courtyard and a further patio area provide sun traps for outdoor sitting and eating. A large lawn surrounded by mature shrubs and trees is perfect for children's games. The garden is also enjoyed by foxes and badgers, the badgers are often spotted at dusk when they come for peanuts!
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Ground floor twin bedroom.
- Three further bedrooms on first floor.
- Bathrooms with bath and separate shower on both ground and first floor. Further en-suite bathroom on first floor.
- Wood burning stoves in both the sitting room and dining room.
- Access to gardens and parkland.
- Two ponds can be found within the grounds. Please ensure children are supervised as they are separated off by a low fence.
- On-site parking.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Grade II listed building with terrace and walled courtyard garden.
- An abundance of wildlife.
- Electric cooker, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine & tumble dryer.
- Satellite TV & DVD player.
- Two travel cots and two high chairs available on request.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Nympsfield area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Woodchester Mansion - 0.2 miles (Historic House)
Nympsfield Long Barrow - 1.1 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Uley Long Barrow (Hetty Pegler's Tump) - 1.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Frocester Tithe Barn - 1.8 miles (Historic Building)
Owlpen Manor - 1.9 miles (Historic House)
Ozleworth, St Nicholas Church - 5 miles (Historic Church)
Newark Park - 5.2 miles (Historic House)
Chavenage House - 5.3 miles (Historic House)
Slimbridge Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust - 6 miles (Family Attraction)
Painswick Rococo Garden - 6.6 miles (Garden)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.