Self Catering in Devon - Kingsbridge
Start Point Lighthouse
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £602.00
This detached cottage has accommodation for six guests. It is perched on the cliff edge, enjoying breath-taking views across Start Bay, and includes a decked patio area overlooking the cliffs.
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats are pleased to present Beacon Cottage at Start Point Lighthouse.
Beacon Cottage, sleeping six guests is one of two holiday cottages, perched on the cliff edge and available at the lighthouse. A location that offers a simply breath-taking panorama of sea views to the south and west and across Start Bay to the east.
The lighthouse lies on a dramatic headland above Start Bay in the South Hams, between Dartmouth and Salcombe and was built in 1863, electrified in 1959 and automated in 1993. Start Point lies 4 miles from the main road via narrow country lanes. The final stretch is a half-mile private, walled, tarmac drive which runs along the side of the headland. The drive is shared with walkers, forming part of the South West Coast Path. Guests can use the path to enjoy breath-taking cliff top walks in both directions. For sandy beaches, East Portlemouth, Slapton and Blackpool Sands are within a 20-minute drive of the lighthouse.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Decked patio area overlooking the cliffs and the sea.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Babies under one year of age are welcome, however, for safety reasons, children must be over 11 years old.
- This is an operational lighthouse with an automatic electronic fog signal. During occasional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort!
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Spectacular, panoramic views with an abundance of bird life.
- Electric effect wood-burner, electric hob and double oven, large fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer
- TV and CD player.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Guests should note that, as well as walkers passing by the cottage on the coastal path, the lighthouse is open (subject to availability) to visitors from 10am-5pm Easter to October. If you would like to view the lighthouse, click here or telephone 01803 771802.
- Also, on this site is Landward Cottage, sleeping five guests.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baby Welcome
- On Site Parking
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Kingsbridge area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Salcombe Maritime Museum - 5.7 miles (Museum)
Overbeck's Museum and Garden - 6.2 miles (Museum)
Dartmouth Castle - 9 miles (Castle)
Bayard's Cove Fort - 9.2 miles (Historic Building)
Coleton Fishacre House and Garden - 9.8 miles (Historic House)
Greenway - 11.5 miles (Historic House)
North Huish, St Mary's Church - 14.1 miles (Historic Church)
Totnes Castle - 14.7 miles (Castle)
Kirkham House - 15.4 miles (Historic Building)
Berry Pomeroy Castle - 15.9 miles (Castle)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.