Self Catering in Devon - Kingsbridge
Landward Cottage (Devon)
Start Point Lighthouse
Sleeps a maximum of: 5
Pricing From: £461.00
Adjoining the Start Point Lighthouse on a dramatic headland above Start Bay, the cottage has accommodation for five guests. Features include oil central heating, electric effect wood burner, electric hob and double oven.
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Landward Cottage at Start Point Lighthouse. Landward Cottage which sleeps five guests, is one of two holiday cottages, perched on the cliff edge and available at the lighthouse. A location that offers a simply breath-taking panorama of sea views to the south and west and across Start Bay to the east.
The lighthouse lies on a dramatic headland above Start Bay in the South Hams, between Dartmouth and Salcombe and was built in 1863, electrified in 1959 and automated in 1993. Start Point lies 4 miles from the main road via narrow country lanes. The final stretch is a half-mile private, walled, tarmac drive which runs along the side of the headland.
The drive is shared with walkers, forming part of the South West Coast Path. Guests can use the path to enjoy breath-taking clifftop walks in both directions. For sandy beaches, East Portlemouth, Slapton and Blackpool Sands are within a 20-minute drive of the lighthouse.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Three bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Small gravel area with stone table and seating.
- Parking for two vehicles.
One car in front of the cottage and one other in front of the garage
- Up to two well behaved dogs (small additional charge per dog).
- Small babies are welcome at the property, however for safety reasons, children must be over 11 years old.
- This is an operational lighthouse with an automatic electronic fog signal. During occassional periods of fog and mist, ear plugs are provided for your comfort!
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Spectacular, panoramic views with an abundance of birdlife.
- Electric effect woodburner, electric hob and oven, microwave, large fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV and CD player.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Guests should note that, as well as walkers passing by the cottage on the coastal path, the lighthouse is open (subject to availability) to visitors from 10am-5pm Easter to October.
If you would like to view the lighthouse, please click here or telephone 01803 771802.
- Within easy reach of the beach.
- Also, on this site is Beacon Cottage, sleeping six guests.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Kingsbridge area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Salcombe Maritime Museum - 5.7 miles (Museum)
Overbeck's Museum and Garden - 6.2 miles (Museum)
Gallants Bower Fort - 8.8 miles (Historic Building)
Dartmouth, St Petrox Church - 8.9 miles (Historic Church)
Dartmouth Castle - 8.9 miles (Castle)
Bayard's Cove Fort - 9.2 miles (Historic Building)
Dartmouth, St Saviour's Church - 9.3 miles (Historic Church)
Dartmouth Museum - 9.4 miles (Museum)
Coleton Fishacre House and Garden - 9.8 miles (Historic House)
Greenway - 11.5 miles (Historic House)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.