Self Catering in Herefordshire - Abbey Dore
Hill Farm Cottage
Sleeps a maximum of:
Pricing From: £305.00
This timber clad detached cottage is located close to the Herefordshire village of Abbey Dore and can sleep four people in two bedrooms.
Hill Farm Cottage is a detached single storey cottage on the owner's 80 acre sheep farm near to the village of Abbey Dore in Herefordshire. This timber clad cottage has two bedrooms, one double and one twin. The cottage also has a family bathroom, a fitted kitchen with a dining area and a sitting room with a woodburning stove and doors which lead to the garden.
Outside the cottage is off road parking for three cars as well as the garden which has outdoor furniture, a barbecue and a bike store. Being just a couple of miles from all modern conveniences and with stunning views, Hill Farm Cottage is in a perfect location for a rural retreat.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Even better than last time
This was our second visit to Hill Farm and frankly I don't understand what the previous reviewer was on about. Yes it's a working sheep farm but there's barely any noise. Most days you can hear a pin drop. As for narrow roads, what a surprise in a farming county! The facilities and cleanliness were excellent as was the attention given by Ian, Kathryn and Adrian. There are numerous footpaths around, one of them opposite the entrance driveway. The nearest supermarket if you need one is at Belmont by Hereford with others in town but the shop at Locke's garage just beyond Wormbridge is large and very good with excellent staff. At the time of our visit it was easily the cheapest fuel too (Shell). I can thoroughly recommend staying here as we hope to again.
PROPERTY IS ON A WORKING FARM 50 YARDS AWAY- TRACTORS EVERYWHERE
1. Property is Very Nice Indeed.
2. Owner is extremely helpful, and pleasant.
3. The Property is 50 yards away from a working Farm with Tractors, trailers etc working from 7:30am, the photographs don't show this on the website!...
4. It's NOT Private at the front or rear of the property as there is a Grass track which is used by the farmer.
5. at 5.15am DAILY 5 Dogs Bark constantly for 20-30 mins waiting to be fed
6. Twice a week people turn up at 7:00am to tend to their horses...banging about car doors and calling their horses from the field.
7. Roads to the property are DANGEROUS...They are just about as wide as your car, and the hedge rows are 15-18FEET HIGH so you can't see round any corners...I nearly had a head-on Collision with a Stupid Delivery Driver...and you need to drive to 5mph to be as safe as you can.
7. If you meet any other tractors or cars on the TINY roads you may need to reverse down the 10ft wide road for 2-300 yards....IMPOSSIBLE.
8. ALL road are the same leading the the area of the property ..and the road leading the the property itself is EVEN NARROWER, and scratches your car !
9. PROPERTY IS CLEAN, all on one level, and very well maintained, and has quality fittings.
Just spent one week at this delightful place with our daughter and son-in-law. Very peaceful, quiet beautiful surroundings. The Cottage is extremely spacious, very well equipped and very comfortable. Would definitely go back again. Booked by my daughter.
Excellent value for money
Just returned from a week's holiday at hill farm. This barn conversion is a very well equipped spacious property set in the heart of Herefordshire with amazing views over the countryside. The area is quiet and peaceful, but only a car drive away from local attractions and places to eat. The owners are very warm and welcoming. You cannot help but feel very well rested. We are already planning our next visit!
most disappointing waste of money
Difficult to find. !!
sign to the farm obscured.
On meeting the owner we were told !!!! we would not!! need the heating.
The sofas were so uncomfortable we used the thin cussions from the outside seating area that did not help much.
The beds were like sleeping on the floor clearly matresses older than my grownup children.
Once again sunbed foam under the mattress..
We were a bit grumpy by the time we decided to cook Sunday lunch.
Only to find iun washed used greasy roasting tins on the oven.
9 of the 15 lights? in the sitting room did not work hanging spider/ cobwebs from the beams.
Curtain pols with no drapes..
We had booked and payed for for 2 weeks tried hard but 5 days of diiscomfort pushed us over the edge. So 300? short I am . un happy
Oil central heating with wood burning stove in sitting room
Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD player, WIFI
Fuel, power and starter pack for wood burning stove inc in rent
Bed linen and towels inc in rent
Off road parking for 3 cars
Garden with furniture and BBQ
Shed for bike storage
One well-behaved dog welcome
Sorry, no smoking
Shop, 2 x pubs serving food, fish & chip shop, butchers, post office and ATM all 10 mins drive
Please note: Bookings must fall between a Friday and Friday only
Map is approximate and should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Abbey Dore area.
Nearest Alternative Cottages
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.