This superb, three-storey cottage set three miles from Middleton-in-Teesdale sleeps eight people in four bedrooms.
Hoodgill Barn is a wonderful, end-terrace cottage set three miles from Middleton-in-Teesdale. With four bedrooms, a super king-size double bedroom, a king-size bedroom and two twin bedrooms (one with limited headroom) set across the first and second floors, one with an en-suite, along with a child's bed that can be set up in any room, this cottage can comfortably sleep up to nine guests. There's also two shower rooms, whilst on the ground floor is a kitchen, a dining room, a sitting room with woodburner and a summer room with patio doors leading outside, where you'll find a patio with hot tub.
Also outside is off road parking for two cars. Hoodgill Barn enjoys beautiful views, sits in an excellent location, and provides everything you could need for a holiday to remember.
RECENT CUSTOMER REVIEWS
Unfriendly neighbours Lovely cottage with everything you need. Unfortunately if you like to sit outside enjoying a warm evening with a cup of tea the neighbours won?t be happy. Although this is a holiday let for 9 people the neighbours obviously aren?t happy living next door to it. Please be aware of this when booking it! weese77 2018-07-14
Awesome place! We stayed here at the weekend for my mums 60th/aunties hen do. The cottage is so nice, spacious and clean! Lovely location! The owner was very helpful and friendly and really knowledgable about the area. Hot tub was great and well maintained. Great place will defo be returning xx sarahlouwil1986 2017-08-09
Ticked all the boxes! Lovely cottage in beautiful location. Nicely equipped and cosy. We were 3 adults, 2 children and a dog. The hot tub was greatly enjoyed ,there was loads to do,with walks from the house. A lovely area to holiday and Peter, the owner, was a gem, and so helpful. DerekinScottishBord 2017-08-04
Lovely character in peaceful location Stayed here as a family of 6 (3 adults and 2 kids aged 14 and 12) during the Easter Holidays.
Welcome was good - Peter showed us around and made us feel welcome. The cottage itself has a lot of character and is in a very nice peaceful location. It was lovely to look out and not see properties everywhere just loads of sheep!
As a family we particularly loved the hot tub and fire. Wifi was also good enough for the kids to watch You Tube. We also liked the fact that it was nice and spacious.
Location of the cottage itself was good. If you like walking they are very close to High Falls and Low Falls. It made a good base for us to go out on day trips every day with many great places within a 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive.
We did have some negatives:
1. Most other cottages we have stayed in have included wood and coal etc for fires in the evening. An initial amount are provided but any more and you need to put money in an honesty box (which we did).
2. Although the cottage was very nice and warm, it is oil heating and the boiler took a few goes before lighting up (quite noisy). On a couple of occasions there was also a very toxic smell in the kitchen.
3. No extractor fan in the kitchen. Utensils in our opinion were also in need of updating. We had to buy a sharp knife for chopping and also after the first morning of attempting to use the frying pan, decided to buy one.
4. Shower pressure is very weak. The downstairs shower could not regulate temperature - it was either very cold or very hot. The en suite shower was okay but the pressure in the upstairs bathroom was also very weak.
5. On the first day we had to ring Peter to report a leak - water was dripping through the ceiling in the kitchen in a place that it had quite clearly leaked before. We later deduced that it was from the upstairs bathroom shower. Peter did offer to come round and have a look which is fair enough but we declined.
Overall we had a nice week away and the cottage served its purpose. However, we would not return as in our opinion there are nicer places to stay. AndyM290670 2017-04-17
Mrs We literally got back today. Loved every second. The barn is beautiful! Very spacious. The views from all angles are outstanding. Hot tub is brilliant. Spend a lot of time in there. We're already planning a return again this year. Peter the landlord is lovely and really made us feel welcome. Lovely walks near by and the village not far. kelly_Lantitsos 2017-03-27
Parking Space Jacuzzi Linen provided Dishwasher Cooker Fridge Washing Machine Television High Chair Cot WiFi
Single Beds 4
Twin Beds 3
Details Oil central heating with woodburning stove Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, TV with Freeview, DVD, WiFi, selection of books, games and DVDs Fuel, power and starter pack for stove included in rent Bed linen and towels included in rent Cot, highchair and child's bed (suitable for a child up to 12 years of age) on request Off road parking strictly for 2 cars, plus additional off road parking in nearby hamlets 1/4 mile away Bike storage Front garden with patio, furniture and six-seater hot tub Two well-behaved pets welcome Sorry, no smoking Shops 2 miles, pub 1 mile Note: Limited headroom in one twin bedroom Note: Max 8 adults and 1 child under 12
Changeover Day Fri
is approximate and
should only be used to get a rough idea of the cottage location.
of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may
be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute
facility listings will be always presented during the booking
process for your approval.