Self Catering in Herefordshire - Leominster
Hampton Wafre Cottage
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
This converted 17th century stone barn with a private, enclosed garden is located half a mile up a private drive on a working arable farm near the village of Docklow. It offers plenty of country walks with stunning unspoilt views.
Hampton Wafre Cottage has been converted from a 17th century stone barn. The detached cottage has its own private enclosed garden and is located half a mile up a private drive on a working arable farm. It enjoys a rural location which offers country walks with stunning unspoilt views, indigenous wildlife and carp fishing exclusive to the cottage (please bring your own fishing tackle) on a peaceful, idyllically situated lake.
The pretty village of Docklow is within easy walking distance and it is here that you will find Docklow Pools, located within the village and offering excellent fishing.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms.
- One bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Private, enclosed garden.
- No more than two babies can be accommodated at the property.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome at the property (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- A converted 17th century stone barn.
- Exposed beams.
- Underfloor heating on the ground floor.
- Barbecue and garden furniture.
- Oil central heating (underfloor on the ground floor),
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- TV, DVD and CD/radio.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Located half a mile up a private drive on a working arable farm.
- Fishing is available by arrangement (please contact the office).
Attractions and nearby amenities
- Within a short drive there are a wealth of places to visit and explore such as the stately homes of Berrington Hall, Hampton Court Castle & Gardens or Croft Castle and Parkland.
- Discover the historic cathedral city of Hereford and ancient market towns Ledbury and Ludlow. The latter with its award winning Michelin restaurants, secluded gastro-pubs, historic market square and famous castle ruins. To celebrate all the excellent food and drink every September, it is host to the Ludlow Food and Drink Festival where food lovers descend in their masses to enjoy the 3 day event.
- The nearest town, Leominster, which has a railway station, is 10 minutes away while also boasting an array of excellent shopping facilities.
- Slightly further afield is the beautiful, cathedral city of Worcester which can be reached in 40 minutes and has managed to retain the quintessential English charm which you can still find in the centre of the city.
- In the surrounding areas and for the sports enthusiasts there are a host of fantastic walks, cycling routes, fishing, and horse riding facilities to keep everyone entertained.
- Located 135 miles from London, 58 miles from Birmingham, 158 miles from Manchester and 54 miles from Cardiff.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Leominster area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Hatfield, St Leonard's Church - 1.5 miles (Historic Church)
Thornbury, St Anna's Church - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Leominster Priory - 4.4 miles (Historic Church)
Leominster Museum - 4.4 miles (Museum)
Hampton Court Castle & Garden - 4.4 miles (Castle)
Edwyn Ralph, St Michael Church - 4.8 miles (Historic Church)
Bodenham, St Michael's Church - 4.9 miles (Historic Church)
Berrington Hall - 5.1 miles (Historic House)
Ullingswick, St Luke's Church - 5.2 miles (Historic Church)
Eye, St Peter & St Paul Church - 5.8 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.