Self Catering in Cumbria - Watermillock
Areas: Lake District, Cumbria
Sleeps a maximum of: 5
Pricing From: £602.00
This unique property near the hamlet of Watermillock, Ullswater, was once the hunting lodge for the Duke of Norfolk. Its elevated site provides exceptional views of Lake Ullswater and the surrounding fells. The spacious accommodation is immaculately presented featuring a 30 foot sheltered balcony.
Wreay Mansions (once a hunting lodge where the Duke of Norfolk would retreat), situated in the hamlet of Watermillock, was no doubt chosen for its prime elevated site. This unique property provides exceptional views of Lake Ullswater and the surrounding scenic fells, whatever the season. Immaculately presented, the accommodation offers luxurious, spacious living, carefully designed to take full advantage of the fabulous vistas.
The 30 foot long sheltered balcony provides the ultimate place to relax and enjoy the great outdoors of the English Lakes. There are numerous renowned restaurants and gastro pubs nearby in addition to a large choice of local farm shops, market town butchers, bakers and purveyors of Lakeland produce including the noted Cumberland sausage. This very popular tranquil retreat offers the perfect location for a family holiday.
The views have to be seen to be believed, pictures cannot capture the true panorama. The only way to experience it, is to see it for yourself!
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps five guests.
- Three bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one family shower room.
- Stunning location set over four floors with the main reception rooms at higher levels for the best views.
- 30 foot balcony with seating to enjoy the breath-taking views.
- Cobbled patio and lawned garden.
- Parking for two vehicles.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Ground floor bedrooms have french windows which open onto a cobbled patio and lawn to front of the property.
- Electric feature stove.
- Gas hob and electric oven, electric Aga (this may be turned off during exceptionally hot weather), microwave, fridge/freezer, wine fridge, dishwasher.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV (in sitting room and bedrooms), Freeview, DVD, CD player.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Cycle storage.
- Sleeps: 5
- Bedrooms: 3
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Watermillock area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Ullswater - 1.7 miles (Countryside)
Dacre, St Andrews Church - 2.2 miles (Historic Church)
Dalemain - 2.9 miles (Historic House)
Aira Force - 3.3 miles (Countryside)
High Force Waterfall - 3.3 miles (Countryside)
Lowther Castle and Gardens - 4.6 miles (Historic House)
Mayburgh Henge - 5.4 miles (Prehistoric Site)
King Arthur's Round Table - 5.6 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Penrith Castle - 5.8 miles (Castle)
Clifton Hall - 5.8 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.