Self Catering in Cumbria - Penrith
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £656.00
Kirkbride Hall is a newly built traditional style stone clad terraced cottage located in walled cherry and apple orchards of Melmerby Hall and neighbours the quiet and scenic churchyard of the Grade II listed St John's Church in Melmerby. The former orchard garden of Melmerby Hall is a beautiful and quiet setting for Kirkbride Hall and its adjoining cottages. Kirkbride Hall has open plan access and parking to the front, and a large enclosed patio and garden to the rear â the perfect sun trap on a warm summer's day with lots of room for children and pets to play safely.
Kirkbride Hall also has private gated access to the 20 acres of mixed woodland grounds of Melmerby Hall through a wrought iron gate set into the orchard wall. The grounds of Melmerby Hall also include woodland paths, water meadows and a tributary to the River Eden.
Kirkbride Hall was completed in early 2015 and, although new, offers all the comforts of a traditional Cumbrian cottage including sandstone walls using stone sourced from within our estate, solid oak floors, antique furniture, and a large welcoming wood burning stove in the comfortable sitting room.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeping eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, one en-suite shower room, one en-suite bathroom and one family bathroom.
- Wood burning stove.
- Large enclosed patio and garden to the rear.
- On-site parking.
- Up to three well behaved dogs are welcome, kept to the ground floor please (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Oak flooring.
- Underfloor heating fired by an environmentally friendly wood chip boiler system.
- Bosch electric oven and hob, microwave, Bosch dishwasher, massive American style side by side fridge/freezer, Bosch washer and dryer.
- 42" TV, DVD player, iPod docking system.
- Sandstone fireplace.
- Sustainable plantation teak garden furniture.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request.
- Weber charcoal barbecue. Locally sourced charcoal is provided for guest use.
- Hot tub available to hire on request. (please see notes)
- Sorry, no hen or stag parties. Sorry, no fireworks other than 5th November and New Years Eve.
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Three Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Penrith area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Little Meg Cairn - 2.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Long Meg and Her Daughters - 2.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Acorn Bank - 5.7 miles (Garden)
Brougham, St Ninian Ninekirks - 5.7 miles (Historic Church)
The Countess Pillar - 6.6 miles (Historic Building)
Brougham Castle - 6.9 miles (Castle)
Penrith, St Andrew's Church - 7.4 miles (Historic Church)
Penrith Castle - 7.7 miles (Castle)
Brougham Hall - 7.7 miles (Historic Building)
King Arthur's Round Table - 7.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.