Self Catering in Cumbria - Penrith
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £510.00
This 5* Gold Award winning 17th century sandstone cottage is set in the grounds of Melmerby Hall, 12 miles from Lake Ullswater. Recently restored, it retains period features such as stone mullion windows and a wood burning inglenook fireplace.
Stag Cottage is a 5* Gold Award winning, peaceful, self-contained 17th century Grade II listed sandstone cottage set in the grounds of Melmerby Hall. It has separate, private, front and rear gardens, parking and entranceway. Carefully restored, it retains its period features such as stone mullion windows and a wood burning inglenook fireplace with complimentary logs, kindling and fire lighters provided.
Melmerby is set in the foothills of the Pennine Fells and has outstanding walks in the local area as well as being within close proximity to the Lake District National Park and Ullswater. As well as having full access to the 25 acres of woodland grounds of Memberby Hall, Stag Cottage has private front and rear gardens. The rear garden has a sandstone patio and a Weber barbecue with complientary, locally sourced charcoal provided for guest use.
There is a connecting passage between Melmerby Hall, sleeping 18 guests and Stag Cottage which has lockable soundproof doors to respect guest privacy. You will also find Kirkbride Hall, sleeping eight guests within the grounds of Melmerby Hall.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeping six guests.
- Three en-suite bedrooms including one on the ground floor with an en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove with complimentary logs, kindling and firelighters provided for guest use.
- Private front and rear gardens as well as full access to 25 acres of woodland walks.
- Onsite, private parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), to be kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Oak flooring throughout.
- Mullion windows, exposed beams and inglenook fireplace with a cast iron wood burning stove.
- Sustainable wood chip central heating.
- Handmade oak kitchen with modern kitchen appliances including a microwave, fridge/freezer, Bosch dishwasher, Bosch washing machine and Bosch tumble dryer.
- LCD TV, DVD, iPod docking station.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Travel cot, stairgate and highchair available on request.
- Weber BBQ with locally sourced charcoal provided for guest use.
- All duvets and pillowcases are feather filled. These may be changed to polycotton with adequate prior notice at no additional cost.
- Hot tub hire available - please visit cumbriahottubhire.
- Sorry, no fireworks other than 5th November and New Years Eve.
Sorry, no hen or stag parties.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Penrith area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Little Meg Cairn - 2.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Long Meg and Her Daughters - 2.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Acorn Bank - 5.6 miles (Garden)
Brougham, St Ninian Ninekirks - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
The Countess Pillar - 6.6 miles (Historic Building)
Brougham Castle - 6.9 miles (Castle)
Penrith, St Andrew's Church - 7.4 miles (Historic Church)
Penrith Castle - 7.6 miles (Castle)
Brougham Hall - 7.6 miles (Historic Building)
King Arthur's Round Table - 7.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.