Self Catering in Cumbria - Melmerby
Sleeps a maximum of: 18
Pricing From: £2512.00
This fine house, in the village of Melmerby in the Eden Valley, is a 5 Star Gold Award winning Grade II listed manor house with nine bedrooms and nine bath/shower rooms. It is set within its own sandstone walled grounds extending to 25 acres.
Melmerby Hall is a Grade II listed manor house set in the foothills of the North Pennines, one of 40 classified Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty in England. It is within its own sandstone walled grounds, which are entered through an arched gateway at the edge of the village.
The grounds include an archery lawn, walled vegetable gardens and a Victorian castle folly at the foot of the lawn (now converted to a children's play area). The forested grounds of 25 acres incorporate a small tributary of the River Eden with picnic area and stone barbecue by the stream.
There is a connecting passage between Melmerby Hall and Stag Cottage, sleeping four guests which has lockable soundproof doors to respect guest privacy. You will also find Kirkbride Hall, sleeping eight guests within the grounds.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 18 guests.
- Nine bedrooms, three en-suite shower rooms, five en-suite bathrooms and one shower room.
- Three open fires.
- Large and well maintained gardens with a woodland walk.
- Onsite parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog) to be kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Oak flooring and original Georgian shutters.
- Sandstone terrace.
- Billiards room.
- Jetmaster open gas fire.
- Oil fired four oven Aga, gas hob and additional oven, microwave.
- American fridge/freezer, additional fridge/freezer in the utility/boot room, two dishwashers, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- 2 LCD TVs, DVD player, iPod docking system.
- Cot and highchair available on request.
- Weber Barbecue with locally sourced charcoal provided for guest use.
- Secure cycle storage.
- Babysitting by arrangement.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Victorian castle folly at the foot of the archery lawn.
- Clay pigeon shooting can be arranged with prior notice.
- Sorry, no stag or hen parties. No fireworks with the exception of 5th November and New Year.
- PLEASE NOTE: Any wedding enquiries must be directed through the office.
- Sleeps: 18
- Bedrooms: 9
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Melmerby area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Little Meg Cairn - 2.1 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Long Meg and Her Daughters - 2.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Acorn Bank - 5.6 miles (Garden)
Brougham, St Ninian Ninekirks - 5.6 miles (Historic Church)
The Countess Pillar - 6.6 miles (Historic Building)
Brougham Castle - 6.9 miles (Castle)
Penrith, St Andrew's Church - 7.4 miles (Historic Church)
Penrith Castle - 7.6 miles (Castle)
Brougham Hall - 7.6 miles (Historic Building)
King Arthur's Round Table - 7.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.