Self Catering in Northumberland - Cheswick
Areas: Northumberland Coast, Northumberland
Sleeps a maximum of: 10
Pricing From: £1175.00
Set in extensive private grounds, East House is a Grade II listed Georgian house, with views stretching all the way to the golden sands of Cheswick on the heritage coast of Northumberland. This is the ideal venue for celebrations, get-togethers and sporting parties.
East House is a grand country home set in its own grounds and bounded by a large, well-kept lawn and parkland. The house has lots of space for entertaining and enjoying company, with an elegant drawing room and dining room both decorated in classic style. Antiques, works of art and original shuttered windows add period charm.
The country-style kitchen has an unusual zinc and copper topped refectory table as well as an inglenook fireplace. An adjacent snug with a Smart TV is a perfect space for the little ones, while a boot room offers plenty of space for dogs and outdoor kit. The house's large central staircase leads to five bedrooms, three of which have en-suites with underfloor heating.
The rural and secluded location is ideal for larger groups looking to get away from it all. The nearby Cheswick sands stretch all the way to Lindisfarne and Holy Island. You're also in the perfect location to explore other gems of the Northumberland Coast, including Bamburgh Castle, while the historic town of Berwick-upon-Tweed is nearby too.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps ten guests (maximum nine adults).
- Four double bedrooms, three of which with en-suite.
- Bedroom with single bed and bunk beds.
- Two family bathrooms.
- Three wood burning stoves.
- Large unenclosed lawned private garden.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Monday and Friday arrivals.
- Minimum three night stay.
- Rangemaster cooker with ten burner gas hob.
- Microwave, large fridge with ice maker, dishwasher.
- Washing machine and condenser dryer.
- Lazzia coffee machine.
- Chest freezer in adjoining outbuilding available on request.
- Smart TV.
- Digital radio.
- Bang & Olufsen music system.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Garden furniture available on request.
- Barbecue available on request.
- Sleeps: 10
- Bedrooms: 5
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Cheswick area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Ancroft, St Anne's Church - 2 miles (Historic Church)
Berwick-upon-Tweed Barracks and Main Guard - 4.5 miles (Historic Building)
Berwick-upon-Tweed, Holy Trinity Church - 4.5 miles (Historic Church)
Berwick Castle - 4.8 miles (Castle)
Duddo Stone Circle - 6.5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Lindisfarne - 6.5 miles (Countryside)
Union Chain Bridge - 6.6 miles (Historic Building)
Lindisfarne Priory - 6.6 miles (Abbey)
Paxton House - 7.1 miles (Historic House)
Lindisfarne Castle - 7.2 miles (Castle)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.