Self Catering in Suffolk - Thornham Magna
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £429.00
Gardener's Cottage is a charming Grade II listed 17th century thatched timber framed cottage, lovingly restored and updated while retaining many of its original features including an Inglenook fireplace and exposed beams.
Gardener's Cottage is a charming Grade II listed 17th century thatched timber framed cottage, lovingly restored and updated while retaining many of its original features including an Inglenook fireplace and exposed beams. It has an enchanting garden at the rear of the cottage with a large terrace, fruit trees and stunning wild flower orchard. The property sleeps four in a double room with en-suite bathroom and a twin room with en-suite wc and basin - each with an individual staircase.
Located in the peaceful village of Thornham Magna, the cottage sits on the edge of the Thornham Estate which offers 12 miles of fabulous walks within the estate grounds through beautiful parkland and ancient woodland. The village also has a cafe, restaurant and photographers gallery as well as The Four Horse Shoes, a well-known, popular pub within easy walking distance of the property.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one with an en-suite bathroom, the other with en-suite basin and w.c.
- Both bedrooms are accessed by their own staircases (please see notes).
- Ground floor wet room.
- Wood burning stove and an open inglenook fireplace.
- Thatched roof (please see notes).
- Parking for two cars.
- Large terrace in the garden together with a lawned area and small wild flower orchard.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Extensive, exposed timber beams, some of which are low.
- Suffolk pamment floors.
- Slate flooring in the kitchen areas.
- Within walking distance of the local pub.
- Electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV and DVD player.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request (please see notes).
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Thornham Magna area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Thornham Magna, St Mary Magdalene Church - 0.3 miles (Historic Church)
Thornham Walks - 0.8 miles (Countryside)
Thornham Parva, St Mary's Church - 1.1 miles (Historic Church)
Yaxley, St Mary's Church - 2.1 miles (Historic Church)
Mellis, St Mary's Church - 2.2 miles (Historic Church)
Eye Castle - 3.2 miles (Castle)
Mendlesham, St Mary's Church - 3.2 miles (Historic Church)
Eye, Suffolk Church - 3.2 miles (Historic Church)
Cotton, St Andrew's Church - 3.3 miles (Historic Church)
Bacton, St Mary's Church - 3.9 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.