Self Catering in Cumbria - Martindale
Areas: Lake District, Cumbria
Hause Hall Farm and Cruick Barn
Sleeps a maximum of: 14
Pricing From: £2196.00
Hause Hall Farm is located part way up Hallin Fell at the south end of Ullswater. It offers spectacular views over the fells and up into the valleys. With the adjacent Cruik Barn it provides accommodation for up to 14 guests.
Hause Hall Farmhouse is located part way up Hallin Fell at the south end of Ullswater in Martindale. Offering spectacular views over the fells and up into the hidden valleys of this secluded area of the Lake District. Famous local author and fell walker A W Wainwright described the Ullswater lakeside walk which starts just at the base of Hallin Fell as 'the most beautiful and rewarding in Lakeland.
' Hause Hall's farmstead extends over several traditional lakeland stone buildings including the Grade II listed five bedroom, five bathroom farmhouse and the adjoining two bedroom, two bathroom Cruik Barn which are linked across a traditional paved stone terrace along with The Stables. Guests' comforts are assured with its cast iron open fireplaces, four oven aga, high speed satellite broadband, oak kitchen and modern luxurious bathrooms. Hause Hall Farmhouse can also be booked with The Stables, sleeping 18 guests.
However, while Cruik Barn and The Stables cannot be booked independently, Hause Hall Farm, sleeping 10 guests can.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 14 guests.
- Seven bedrooms, four en-suite bathrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and one family bathroom.
- Wood burning stoves.
- Walled gardens and yorkstone terrace.
- Onsite parking.
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog) however, please ensure they are kept to the ground floor.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Spectacular views over the fells and up into the hidden valleys.
- Secure cycle storage.
- Hause Hall: Central heating provided by ground source heat pump with underfloor heating downstairs and radiators in the bedrooms.
- Gas fired four-oven Aga and separate gas hob with an electric oven. Microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- LCD TV, DVD, iPod dock.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Sustainable plantation teak garden furniture and Weber barbecue with locally sourced charcoal provided for guest use.
- Cruik Barn: Central heating is provided by ground source heat pump with underfloor heating downstairs and radiators in the bedrooms.
- Electric hob and an electric oven, microwave, fridge, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- LCD TV, DVD, iPod dock.
- Hot tub available to hire on request. (please see notes)
- Sleeps: 14
- Bedrooms: 7
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Martindale area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Ullswater - 1.6 miles (Countryside)
High Force Waterfall - 2.2 miles (Countryside)
Aira Force - 2.2 miles (Countryside)
Brothers Water - 3.7 miles (Countryside)
Dacre, St Andrews Church - 5.4 miles (Historic Church)
Helvellyn - 5.6 miles (Countryside)
Dalemain - 6 miles (Historic House)
Kirkstone Pass - 6.5 miles (Countryside)
Lowther Castle and Gardens - 6.8 miles (Historic House)
Thirlmere - 7.5 miles (Countryside)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.