West Ogwell Church
West Ogwell Church
An intriguing medieval church beside the late 18th-century manor of West Ogwell House. West Ogwell church stands in a remote setting, reached only by narrow, winding lanes. The core of this cruciform church was built around 1300, with the addition of a two-tiered west tower a century later.

The church is composed of a nave, chancel, north and south transepts, south porch, and the west tower which we've already mentioned. The interior is a surprise; with Georgian decoration throughout. Georgian features include a set of elegant communion rails, box pews, and tiered benches.

There are some older features remaining, however, including a Jacobean pulpit, 13th-century triple sedilia in the sanctuary, and a medieval timber-framed roof.

West Ogwell church is in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust and is generally open daily.