Self Catering in Essex - Colchester
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £516.00
Woodbell Lodge is one of five lodges peacefully situated in 500 acres of private land at Wakes Hall Farm, which recently awarded a five star AA award. Located on the Essex/Suffolk border, the historic town of Colchester is 40 minutes away.
Woodbell Lodge is one of five detached luxury lodges which are located in idyllic countryside on the Wakes Hall Estate in the breath-taking Colne Valley on the Essex/Suffolk border. Each lodge boasts a verandah and the ultimate indulgence â a soothing hot tub, surrounded by 500 acres of land and walks to the village of Wakes Colne.
Wakes Hall Lodges offer the ultimate place to relax and unwind from your hectic life. It is a haven for nature lovers, you will have a wonderful time taking in the stunning flora and fauna of the delightful countryside. There is a fishing lake stocked with Carp and Roach. Endless woodland walks to explore, including the neighbouring willow woodland where the trees are farmed to make cricket bats.
The local village is a short stroll away where there is a shop and post office and a picturesque pub beside the River Colne that serves locally brewed beer. Local beauty salons provide a full range of services for visitors to the lodges, and for those looking for an extra special treat, we can arrange for a fully trained chef to serve up a delectable feast from the comfort of your lodge.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
- All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- Outdoor hot tub with enclosed decked area.
- Access to a two acre fishing lake and woodland.
- Woodland walks straight from the lodge.
- Ample parking.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to three well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Both doorways and pathways are accessible for wheelchair users to the rear.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Latest eco-technology from Canada.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave and fridge/freezer.
- Dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- Two Smart TVs, superb quality sound system.
- Travel cot and high chair available on request - please bring your own cot linens.
- Garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Three Dogs
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Jacuzzi/Hot Tub
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Colchester area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Mount Bures, St John's Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
Mount Bures Castle Motte - 2.6 miles (Castle)
Bures, St Mary's Church - 3.4 miles (Historic Church)
Marks Hall Arboretum and Garden - 3.5 miles (Garden)
Wormingford, St Andrew's Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
St Stephen's Chapel - 4 miles (Historic Church)
West Bergholt, St Mary's Church - 4.2 miles (Historic Church)
Coggeshall, St Peter ad Vincula Church - 4.4 miles (Historic Church)
Coggeshall Museum - 4.4 miles (Museum)
Coggeshall Abbey - 4.5 miles (Abbey)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.