Self Catering in Oxfordshire - Burford
Areas: Cotswolds, Oxfordshire
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £278.00
This property in Sherborne near Burford is part of Sherborne House (location for Springwatch 2017), a beautiful stately home. It leads into a cloistered private courtyard and garden. Guests have the use of all the facilities at the house, including a heated indoor swimming pool.
Here is a beautifully furnished studio apartment within this elegant, 17th century stately home, formerly owned by Lord Sherborne. Sherborne village has an idyllic Cotswold setting in the Windrush valley between Burford and Stow-on-the-Wold. Some 4,000 acres of land surrounding the house is owned by the National Trust and the grounds used for the filming of Springwatch 2017.
Cloisters is a luxurious interior-designed studio apartment on the ground floor of this stately home that leads directly into a beautiful cloistered private courtyard and garden which has a fountain and seating. It has been featured in 'The Food and Wine' Magazine for a special romantic holiday.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- There is a fully sprung day bed in the sitting room which takes minutes to convert into a 5' double bed.
- Bathroom with bath and shower over bath.
- Guests have the use of all the facilities at Sherborne House, which include a heated indoor swimming pool and sauna (small charge) and a hard tennis court.
- Off road parking for one vehicle.
- Ideal for a Romantic Retreat.
- Sorry, no babies, children or pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Shared use of an indoor heated swimming pool and sauna, tennis court and 10 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens including rose gardens and an orangery.
- There is also a village shop where you can have a coffee or a glass of wine.
- Flame-effect stove.
- Electric oven, microwave, washing machine.
- TV, DVD, radio/CD.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- Some ground floor
- Ground Floor Bedroom
- On Site Parking
- Welcome Hamper
- Swimming Pool
- Table Tennis
- Tennis Court
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Burford area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Lodge Park - 2 miles (Historic House)
Great Barrington, St Mary's Church - 2.5 miles (Historic Church)
Great Rissington, St John the Baptist - 2.6 miles (Historic Church)
Little Barrington, St Peter's Church - 2.7 miles (Historic Church)
Mechanical Music Museum - 3.3 miles (Museum)
Northleach, St Peter and St Paul - 3.5 miles (Historic Church)
Turkdean, All Saints Church - 3.6 miles (Historic Church)
Salmonsbury Camp - 3.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Cold Aston, St Andrew's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Taynton, St John the Evangelist - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.