Self Catering in Gloucestershire - Broad Campden
Areas: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire
nr Chipping Campden
Sleeps a maximum of: 2
Pricing From: £357.00
This 300 year old Grade II listed Cotswold stone thatched cottage in Broad Campden is a former smithy. It is bursting with character and its original features include a large inglenook fireplace, exposed beams and a stone staircase.
Inglenook Cottage is the epitome of a chocolate-box cottage, and has featured on postcards, in books and in the press. It is bursting with character and lies with many other thatched properties in the idyllic village of Broad Campden. Inglenook Cottage is a fantastic base for visiting central & North Cotswolds attractions and villages as well as picturesque walks directly from the front door.
300 years old, the Grade II listed cottage used to be the village smithy, and it has a huge inglenook fireplace, complete with seat and bread oven where you can cosy up in front of a roaring log fire. There are countless exposed beams, a stone staircase and ancient wooden floorboards. The property is sympathetically restored with top quality modern appliances, a beautiful fitted wooden kitchen, and a cottage-style bathroom with shower.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps two guests.
- One bedroom.
- One bathroom.
- Inglenook fireplace with seat and bread oven.
- Some low ceilings and beams and uneven treads on the stone stairs (rope hand rail).
- Small, sheltered walled courtyard garden.
- High speed fibre WiFi.
- One dog welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- On-street parking directly outside of the cottage or parking available 50 yards away.
- Thatched cottage.
- Within walking distance of the local pub.
- Character inglenook fireplace for open log fires with seat and bread oven.
- Gas hob and electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- Flat-screen TV, DVD, CD/radio/iPod dock.
- Travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Sleeps: 2
- Bedrooms: 1
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- Pub Nearby
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Broad Campden area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Chipping Campden Market Hall - 1.1 miles (Historic Building)
Chipping Campden, St James Church - 1.1 miles (Historic Church)
Ebrington, St Eadburgha's Church - 2 miles (Historic Church)
Saintbury, St Nicholas Church - 2.9 miles (Historic Church)
Batsford Arboretum - 2.9 miles (Garden)
Broadway Tower - 3.1 miles (Historic Building)
Kiftsgate Court Gardens - 3.3 miles (Garden)
Hidcote Manor Gardens - 3.3 miles (Garden)
Bourton House Garden - 3.4 miles (Garden)
Broadway, St Eadburgha's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.