Self Catering in Cumbria - Greystoke
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £510.00
This award winning converted coach house dates back to the 1700s. It features a welcoming double height oak floored reception room with floor to ceiling arched windows. Its enormous sandstone fireplace is a focal point for relaxing evenings.
Riverain is an award winning conversion of the Grade II Listed former carriage house of Blencowe Hall and is set within the secluded grounds of the family owned Grade I listed Blencowe Hall Estate.
A stunning conversion of a coach house dating back to the 1700s gives Riverain its welcoming double height oak floored reception room with floor to ceiling arched windows. The huge sandstone fireplace is a focal point for cool Cumbrian evenings and a generous supply of logs as well as underfloor heating ensures guest comfort and relaxation. Riverain's private garden and parking area is set on the South facing side of Blencow and has amazing views over the hills towards Mell Fell.
Rural Retreats offer two other properties within the grounds of Blencowe Hall, Cazenovia Hall and Wythburn Cottage.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and one en-suite bathroom.
- Cast iron, wood burning stove.
- Private garden with sandstone terraces.
- On-site parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- An award winning conversion of the Grade II Listed sandstone carriage house of Blencowe Hall.
- Underfloor heating from sustainable air source heat pump.
- Bosch Electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, Bosch dishwasher, Bosch washing machine & tumble dryer.
- 42' TV, DVD player, iPod base station.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Travel cot, stairgate and highchair available on request.
- Sustainable plantation teak garden furniture and Weber barbecue with locally sourced charcoal provided for guests use.
- Secure cycle storage.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Greystoke area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Hutton-in-the-Forest - 2.1 miles (Historic House)
Dacre, St Andrews Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Dalemain - 3.9 miles (Historic House)
Penrith, St Andrew's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Penrith Castle - 4.4 miles (Castle)
Mayburgh Henge - 5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
King Arthur's Round Table - 5.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Brougham Hall - 5.5 miles (Historic Building)
Brougham Castle - 5.9 miles (Castle)
Clifton Hall - 6.1 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.