Self Catering in Cumbria - Greystoke
Sleeps a maximum of: 24
Pricing From: £3316.00
This multi award-winning exceptional Grade I listed fortified manor dating back to the 1400s has undergone extensive renovation. It has views to the nearby Lakeland fells and is just four miles from the Lake District National Park.
A multi award-winning exceptional Grade I listed, fortified manor dating back to the 1400s that has undergone extensive renovation, bringing the two embattled Peele towers back into use for the first time in more than 300 years. Blencowe Hall sits on a bluff above the small river Petteril and is encompassed by its own gardens, grounds and fields incorporating access to the river. It has views to the nearby Lakeland fells and across the rolling Eden Valley fields.
Blencowe Hall won an English Heritage Construction Conservation Award which was accorded to the 20 most outstanding projects undertaken with their supervision in 2008, an Eden District Design Award, the NWDA Conservation Award and the RICS National Conservation Award. It is 5 Star Gold Award rated by Visit England.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps 24 guests.
- 12 bedrooms, 11 bathrooms and one wet room.
- Two open fires.
- Lawned gardens with patio.
- Onsite parking.
- Up to two well-behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Oak panelling and beams.
- Ancient masonry walls and doorways.
- Spiral stone staircases.
- Ancient garde robes.
- Juliette balconies.
- Four poster beds.
- Sustainable wood chip central heating, the Billiards Room has a gas fired open fronted cast stove.
- Four door oven gas Aga, a separate Bosch hob, Bosch electric oven.
Two American style side by side refrigerators, microwave, two Bosch dishwashers.
- Bosch washing machine and tumble dryer.
- The utility area has a second sink, extensive storage and another ground floor cloakroom.
- LCD TV, DVD player, iPod docking system.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Large Weber barbecue with locally sourced charcoal provided for guests use and sustainable plantation outdoor furniture.
- Bicycles may be rented for use during guest visits.
- Hot tub available to hire on request.
(please see notes)
- PLEASE NOTE: Any wedding enquiries must be directed through the office.
- Sleeps: 24
- Bedrooms: 12
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
- Games Room
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Greystoke area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Hutton-in-the-Forest - 2.1 miles (Historic House)
Dacre, St Andrews Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Dalemain - 3.9 miles (Historic House)
Penrith, St Andrew's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Penrith Castle - 4.3 miles (Castle)
Mayburgh Henge - 5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
King Arthur's Round Table - 5.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Brougham Hall - 5.5 miles (Historic Building)
Brougham Castle - 5.9 miles (Castle)
Clifton Hall - 6.1 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.