Self Catering in Cumbria - Greystoke
Sleeps a maximum of: 8
Pricing From: £656.00
This superb, award winning property is a four bedroom conversion of a traditional stone built barn dating back to 1726. It has views up over the nearby hills and its secluded south facing sandstone terraces are a marvellous place to relax.
Cazenovia Hall is a Grade II listed holiday home within the secluded grounds of the family owned Grade I listed Blencowe Hall. Sensitively renovated to a high standard, Cazenovia Hall is a 5 Star Gold Award winning, light and airy four bedroom traditional stone built barn dating back to 1726. It has views up over the nearby hills and its secluded south facing sandstone terraces are a marvellous place to wind down after a day out exploring in the Lake District.
Blencowe is situated on the edge of the Lake District, about four miles from the Lake District National Park. Close at hand is the Aira Force National Trust waterfall offering a great combination of a boulder strewn stream for the young at heart to paddle in, a tea shop and a scenic walk up to the peak of Gowbarrow Fell. The property is just over a mile from Greystoke Village which has a lovely village shop, a traditional Lakeland pub, the Boot and Shoe, a heated swimming pool and Greystoke castle with its 3,000 acres of woodland grounds, with the deer park now open for country walks.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps eight guests.
- Four bedrooms, two en-suite shower rooms and two en-suite bathrooms.
- Open fire.
- Private garden with sandstone terraces.
- Parking for four vehicles.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), kept to the ground floor and off the furniture please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- A 5 Star Gold Award winning conversion of part of the Grade II listed sandstone barns within the estate at Blencowe Hall.
- Stunning double height, exceptionally well equipped kitchen with four oven Aga.
- Sandstone fireplace.
- Oak flooring, underfloor heating from a sustainable woodchip boiler.
- Four oven Aga, Bosch appliances including gas hob and electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, massive fridge/freezer, washer and dryer.
- 42' TV, DVD player, iPod docking system.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Travel cot, stairgate and high chair available on request.
- Sustainable plantation teak garden furniture, Weber barbecue with locally sourced charcoal provided for guest use.
- Secure cycle storage.
- Hot tub available to hire on request.
(please see notes)
- Sleeps: 8
- Bedrooms: 4
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Greystoke area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Hutton-in-the-Forest - 2.1 miles (Historic House)
Dacre, St Andrews Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Dalemain - 3.9 miles (Historic House)
Penrith, St Andrew's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Penrith Castle - 4.4 miles (Castle)
Mayburgh Henge - 5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
King Arthur's Round Table - 5.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Brougham Hall - 5.5 miles (Historic Building)
Brougham Castle - 5.9 miles (Castle)
Clifton Hall - 6.2 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.