Self Catering in Cumbria - Greystoke
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £510.00
This charming, award-winning cottage on the Blencowe Hall estate features a cathedral ceilinged massive breakfasting kitchen. Oak flooring throughout, a four poster Master Bedroom, underfloor heating and a cast iron fire.
Grade II Listed Wythburn Cottage is set within the secluded grounds of the family owned Grade I listed Blencowe Hall estate. This sandstone barn conversion has been sensitively renovated to a high standard.
Close at hand is the Aira Force National Trust waterfall offering a great combination of a boulder strewn stream for the young at heart to paddle in, a tea shop and a scenic walk up to the peak of Gowbarrow Fell. The cottages are just over a mile from Greystoke Village (which has a lovely village shop, a traditional Lakeland pub, The Boot and Shoe, a heated swimming pool and Greystoke castle with its 3,000 acres of woodland grounds, with the deer park now open for country walks).
A private garden area and sandstone steps down to its front terrace give access to Wythburn's oak floored entrance hall and cathedral-ceilinged, enormous breakfasting kitchen. This unique conversion incorporates a first floor reception room with cast iron stove and a sandstone framed opening overlooking the kitchen area.
Rural Retreats offer two other properties within the grounds of Blencowe Hall, Riverain and Cazenovia Hall.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three bedrooms and three en-suite bathrooms.
- Lawned garden and patio.
- On-site parking.
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome (small additional charge per dog), to be kept to the ground floor and off the furniture please.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Grade II Listed Sandstone Barn Conversion.
- Cathedral Ceilinged enormous breakfasting kitchen.
- Four Poster Master bedroom.
- Underfloor heating, cast iron gas effect fire.
- Stainless Brittania range incorporating two electric ovens and a gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher.
- Washing machine, tumble dryer.
- 42' TV, DVD player, iPod base station.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Sustainable plantation teak garden furniture and barbecue.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Greystoke area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Hutton-in-the-Forest - 2.1 miles (Historic House)
Dacre, St Andrews Church - 3.8 miles (Historic Church)
Dalemain - 3.9 miles (Historic House)
Penrith, St Andrew's Church - 4.1 miles (Historic Church)
Penrith Castle - 4.4 miles (Castle)
Mayburgh Henge - 5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
King Arthur's Round Table - 5.3 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Brougham Hall - 5.5 miles (Historic Building)
Brougham Castle - 5.9 miles (Castle)
Clifton Hall - 6.2 miles (Historic Building)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.