Self Catering in Cumbria - Glassonby
Areas: Eden Valley, Cumbria
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £429.00
Jenny's Croft adjoining Glassonby Old Hall is a 5 Star Gold Award-winning barn restoration with stunning views over the Eden Valley. It features spacious reception and dining area separated by a double sided cast iron wood burning stove.
Views over the rolling hills of the Eden Valley and its close proximity to the Lake District National Park are the main feature of Jenny's Croft and its private entrance, parking area and outlook make the best of this.
The recent renovation of Jenny's Croft which dates back to the 1600s, brings this barn back into habitation for the first time since 1764. It retains many of its original features including beams, open fireplaces, stone staircases, stone walls, original old fashioned door heights (some low) and terraced gardens and fields. Jenny's Croft is furnished throughout with antiques and incorporates solar hot water heating.
Jenny's Croft's position on one of the higher hills in the Eden Valley gives its gardens amazing views towards the Pennines and the rolling countryside that has seen this area in Cumbria declared one of the UK's designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Other properties to be found within the grounds are Glassonby Old Hall, sleeping eight guests and Elk Cottage, sleeping four guests.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- Two bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and one en-suite shower room.
- Wood burning stove, complimentary logs, kindling and firelighters provided for guest use.
- Gated sandstone courtyard with steps up to the lawned gardens.
- Onsite parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome. Please ensure they are kept to the ground floor and off the furniture.
- Please beware of some low doorways.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Sandstone fireplace.
- Electric hob and separate oven, microwave, American fridge freezer, Bosch dishwasher, washing machine, and tumble dryer.
- Large screen LCD TV, DVD player, iPod docking system.
- Catering service available, please contact Lynn Hilditch 07775 733608.
- Cot, high chair and stairgate available on request.
- Weber barbecue with locally sourced charcoal provided for guest use.
- Sustainable plantation teak garden furniture.
- Hot tub available to hire on request. (please see notes)
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Some ground floor
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Glassonby area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Little Meg Cairn - 0.9 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Long Meg and Her Daughters - 1.2 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Brougham, St Ninian Ninekirks - 5.7 miles (Historic Church)
The Countess Pillar - 6.5 miles (Historic Building)
Penrith, St Andrew's Church - 6.6 miles (Historic Church)
Brougham Castle - 6.6 miles (Castle)
Penrith Castle - 6.9 miles (Castle)
Acorn Bank - 6.9 miles (Garden)
Brougham Hall - 7.3 miles (Historic Building)
King Arthur's Round Table - 7.4 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.