Self Catering in Yorkshire - Burnsall
Areas: Yorkshire Dales, Yorkshire
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £429.00
This fine cottage is on the edge of the village of Burnsall, arguably the prettiest village in Wharfedale. It enjoys views of the adjacent beck and fell beyond and is perfectly situated for exploring the Dales and their many attractions.
Fell Beck is perfectly located in the village of Burnsall, arguably the prettiest village in Wharfedale. The cottage nestles at the edge of the village and enjoys dual aspect views of the adjacent beck and fell beyond and the village green with its handsome 16th century stone bridge straddling the River Wharfe. The river shallows and widens here and, in Summer, is a tempting place for a cooling paddle after a day's walking.
There is a small paved sitting out area at the front of the cottage with garden furniture where you can enjoy breakfast in the sun while listening to the babbling beck in front of you and gazing at the sheep on the fell beyond.
Enjoy the large village green with its maypole and, next to the bridge, is the famous Red Lion pub, which offers a fantastic pint by the river and extremely good food, largely locally produced.
The village also boasts the ancient St Wilfred's church, a 16th century primary school and, unusually nowadays, a village shop and extremely good tea room. The village is on the Dales Way and there are many lovely walks from the doorstep, including river walks in both directions to Grassington via Hebden or to Appletreewick, which has two pubs to choose from.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four guests.
- One double bedroom and one twin bedroom
- Two bathrooms.
- Wood burning stove.
- Small paved sitting out area at the front of the cottage with garden furniture and barbecue..
- Integral garage suitable for small car. Other parking available in adjacent field.
- Sorry, no pets.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- The patch of grass opposite the house belongs to the neighbouring property and can be used for unloading if the neighbour is not in residence.
- Electric hob and oven, microwave, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer.
- TV, DVD, iPod and a selection of DVDs, books and board games
- Babies are welcome and there is a travel cot, high chair and stairgate available on request.
- Outdoor furniture and barbecue.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- Baby Welcome
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Burnsall area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Parcevall Hall Gardens - 2.4 miles (Garden)
Barden Tower - 2.7 miles (Castle)
Barden Bridge - 2.8 miles (Historic Building)
The Strid - 3.6 miles (Countryside)
Bolton Abbey - 5.2 miles (Abbey)
Skipton Castle - 6 miles (Castle)
Gordale Scar - 7.4 miles (Countryside)
Janet's Foss - 7.5 miles (Countryside)
Malham Cove - 8.2 miles (Countryside)
Brimham Rocks - 11.6 miles (Countryside)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.