Self Catering in Kent - Broadstairs
North Foreland Lighthouse
Sleeps a maximum of: 4
Pricing From: £402.00
On the North Foreland Lighthouse site above Broadstairs, this delightful cottage features entrance hall, fully fitted kitchen, sitting room, dining room, bathroom, double bedroom and single bedroom with full size bed and comfortable pull-out bed.
In association with Trinity House, Rural Retreats is pleased to present Khina Cottage at North Foreland Lighthouse. Khina is one of two holiday cottages available at the lighthouse, which lies on the chalk headland above the charming and unspoilt seaside town of Broadstairs at the far eastern tip of Kent. Both cottages are very child friendly, surrounded by spacious lawned grounds and set well away from cliffs.
The holiday cottages have shared use of a very large, one-acre lawned garden and patio with ample space to sit out. The earliest reference to a light on North Foreland was given in a deed dated 1499 and, at that time, it was almost certain that the beacon was used to warn of attack or piracy rather than as an aid to navigation. The lighthouse does not have a fog signal.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps three or four guests. It is suitable for a maximum of three adults.
- Two bedrooms and one bathroom.
- Shared use of a very large, one acre lawned garden and patio.
- Onsite parking.
- Khina cottage welcomes up to two well behaved, supervised dogs (small additional charge), however please be aware this site is not enclosed and has direct access to a road.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Please see important information regarding this property within the Notes Tab above.
- Stunning sea views.
- Gas effect wood burner, electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and dryer.
- TV and CD player.
- Telephone with honesty box.
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Also on this site is Lodesman Cottage, sleeping four guests.
- Sleeps: 4
- Bedrooms: 2
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Broadstairs area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Ramsgate, St Laurence in Thanet Church - 3.2 miles (Historic Church)
St Augustine's Cross - 5 miles (Historic Building)
Powell-Cotton Museum, Quex House and Gardens - 5.6 miles (Museum)
Minster Abbey - 6.2 miles (Abbey)
Minster-in-Thanet, St Mary the Virgin Church - 6.3 miles (Historic Church)
Richborough Roman Fort - 7.4 miles (Roman Site)
Sandwich, St Mary's Church - 8.2 miles (Historic Church)
The Secret Gardens of Sandwich - 8.2 miles (Garden)
Sandwich, St Peter's Church - 8.3 miles (Historic Church)
Sandwich, St Clement's Church - 8.3 miles (Historic Church)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.