Self Catering in Devon - Axmouth
Sleeps a maximum of: 6
Pricing From: £387.00
Situated in an elevated position within walking distance of the River Axe and one mile from Axmouth beach, this semi-detached cottage has been refurbished to provide accommodation wih pleasant views of the surrounding countryside.
Dating back to 1860 this pretty stone built, semi-detached, cottage is set in an elevated position, at the edge of the beautiful village of Axmouth in East Devon. The cottage is comprehensively equipped to provide very comfortable accommodation for four adults and two children. Nestled in a picturesque valley less than a mile from the coast, Hillside is situated in a rural location with pleasant views of the surrounding countryside.
The only sounds to be heard in this peaceful spot are the gushing stream at the front of the house and the abundant wildlife. The perfect setting for your Devon cottage holiday. The cottage is elevated above the laneway and is approached via steps leading to the front door.
Outside there is a formal garden to the front of the cottage and a patio to the rear with steps rising to an area of decking and a picnic table with parasol for outside dining. The garden rises to reveal panoramic views across the valley. A small stone shed houses further outdoor seating and a barbecue.
This holiday cottage at a glance
- Sleeps four + two guests.
- Three bedrooms, one shower room and one family bathroom.
- The property is suitable for four adults and two children as the third bedroom provides bunk beds.
- Small formal garden to the front of the property. Enclosed rear garden. Please be aware of very young children as the garden slopes and has steps.
- There is private allocated parking for up to two cars adjacent to the cottage and further parking available 50 yards along the lane.
- Sorry, no pets.
- For guests with mobility difficulties, please note there are 16 steps to the front door.
- Minimum of a two night stay.
- Electric double oven, ceramic hob.
- Fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, washing machine and condenser dryer.
- LED television with Freesat and Blu-Ray DVD player.
- iPod docking station and CD player.
- Selections of books, games and DVDs
- Travel cot and high chair available on request.
- Sleeps: 6
- Bedrooms: 3
- Baby Welcome
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Beach nearby
- Children Welcome
- Welcome Hamper
Get an Ordnance Survey map covering the Axmouth area.
Nearest AttractionsHeritage Rated from 1- 5 (low-exceptional) on historic interest
Axmouth, St Michael's Church - 0.6 miles (Historic Church)
Colyton, St Andrew's Church - 2.4 miles (Historic Church)
Musbury, St Michael's Church - 2.4 miles (Historic Church)
Beer Quarry Caves - 3.4 miles (Countryside)
Southleigh, St Lawrence Church - 4 miles (Historic Church)
Shute Barton - 4.2 miles (Historic Building)
Branscombe - 4.5 miles (Historic Building)
Branscombe, St Winifred's Church - 4.6 miles (Historic Church)
Blackbury Camp - 5 miles (Prehistoric Site)
Axminster Heritage Centre - 5.1 miles (Museum)
Nearest Alternative Cottages
Details of facilities are believed correct at time of publication, but may be subject to change by the cottage proprietor. Up-to-the-minute facility listings will be always presented during the booking process for your approval.