Sometimes known as St Andrew's Parish Church Hall and Tower, established in 1843 as a Free Church, the building was converted into a church hall in the 1960s after a merger of parishes. The original internal galleries have been removed, and the roof lowered. Taybridge Road, Aberfeldy, Tayside, Scotland, PH15 2BH
Auchterarder Old Church Tower is a slender bell tower, all that has survived from a church built in 1660 and extended in 1784. It is said to be built with stones robbed from nearby Kincardine Castle. The tower stands within a broad burial ground holding several intriguing 18th-century monuments. High Street, Auchterarder, Tayside, Scotland
The first reference to a church at Brechin comes from the reign of Kenneth II (AD 971-995) when the king endowed a monastery here as a base for Culdee monks. Some of the carved stones now on display inside the cathedral are almost certainly linked to the 10th-century monastery. 6 Church Street, Brechin, Tayside, Scotland, DD9 6EU
Dunkeld Cathedral is one of the finest medieval churches in Scotland and it stands in a beautiful location beside the River Tay. The 15th-century nave is roofless, but the east end lives on as the parish church and features a well-preserved 14th-century choir. Cathedral Street, Dunkeld, Tayside, Scotland, PH8 0AW
The remains of a late 16th-century church stand on a low rise near Eassie Farm. The roofless church we see today may have been a rebuilding of a still earlier medieval church on the same spot. The eastern doorway is original, but a west doorway was inserted in the south wall in the 18th century. Eassie, Tayside, Scotland
In the churchyard of Fortingall's pretty 1895 church stands a yew tree thought to be 5,000 years old and reputed to be the oldest living thing in Europe. The yew tree predates a 7th-century monastery on the site of the present church, and there are carved Pictish stones inside the church. Glen Lyon, Fortingall, Tayside, Scotland, PH15 2NQ
Attraction Type: Church - Historic Tree Heritage Rating:?
Heritage Highlight: The oldest living thing in Europe?
St Mary's Church in the Perthshire village of Grandtully is a whitewashed 16th-century stone church standing in a lovely location south of the River Tay. St Mary's is a long, low building, boasting a painted ceiling dating from 1630. The ceiling depicts a variety of heraldic symbols and other decorative elements. Grandtully, Perth and Kinross, Tayside, Scotland
Around the year 1365, a church was built at Innerpeffray, beside the River Earn. Around 1507 the church was rebuilt as a private chantry chapel by the Drummond family, lords of nearby Drummond Castle. Crieff, Tayside, Scotland, PH7 3RF
All that remains of the 14th-century church at Edzell is a small burial aisle, built in the 16th century by the local Lindsay family as a chantry chapel. It was later used as a burial vault for the family, but the church itself fell out of use when a new parish church was erected in 1818. Edzell, Angus and Dundee, Tayside, Scotland
Little Dunkeld Church was built in 1798 on a site that has seen at least four churches over the centuries. Within the church is a 9th-century handbell, and in the churchyard are a pair of 'Adam and Eve' gravestones and a memorial to the celebrated Scottish fiddler Niel Gow. School Lane, Little Dunkeld, Dunkeld, Tayside, Scotland, PH8 0RQ